Qualifying is live on EuroSport Saturday night at 22:00

Race one is live at 18:00 on Sunday and race two live at 21:00

Lets hope the SEAT boys can do the same as in Brazil and win both races

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think it's happened all to recent for them consider announcing a replacement commentator. Martin Haven has done it alone in the past, or they may also draft in Carlton Kirby who i think has done stuff for Eurosport as well as MotorsTV.

It will be hard for them to replace someone who was as technically knowledgeable about touring/gt cars as David Leslie.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Last year I remember they drafted in Kelvin Burt for Brno or whatever round it was that clashed with the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Don't get me started on Carlton Kirby. ;)

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
I think it's happened all to recent for them consider announcing a replacement commentator. Martin Haven has done it alone in the past, or they may also draft in Carlton Kirby who i think has done stuff for Eurosport as well as MotorsTV.

It will be hard for them to replace someone who was as technically knowledgeable about touring/gt cars as David Leslie.

Very true

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They were having a few technical problems by the sounds of it. They commentate from a studio in London usually, and watch the same live feeds we do, and have the live timing up. They are not actually there.

Eurosport coverage has always been pretty dire. Losing David Leslie is all the more saddening, the fact they don't have someone as technically knowledgeable commentating.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Good performance from Rob Huff :thumbup:

Definitely not a BMW track...

Funny given the fact Chevy were complaining about the advantage the TDI has at altitude. Granted Jordi Gene has stuck his on pole, but he has no weight on board. The others with success ballast are further down the field.

The Chevrolets have a strong showing and Coronel stuck his petrol Leon on 3rd spot. Its a bit of a mixed bag really, but BMW must be licking their wounds a little.

Should be a good couple of races tomorrow evening.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Who's this commentator? He sounds like he wouldn't have a clue what was going on even if his timing screens were working.

To be fair, he has had a tough week. As has been said, you realise how much David Leslie added to the coverage with his knowledge and correcting Martin. :) I'll miss DL constantly calling the Leons "SEE-ATS". :(

Plenty of live motor racing on Eurosport today. Speedcar, GP2 Asia and Porsche Supercup from Bahrain, Le Mans Series from Barcelona and then the WTCC from Puebla.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members