xenon bulbs

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hi Mate, theyre not too hard, its a case of wiring up the ballast boxes to the original wiring and simply fitting the H7 bulbs in. Unfortunately its a bumper-off job!

Inside the lenses there are metal shields. Some HID kits have the bulbs very slightly too long so you have to put your finger in and GENTLY push them out to make them convex in shape.

I see your in Chesterfield! Theres plenty of us from around there, if you can provide bacon sarnies, im sure some of us could pop over for a hand (weve done it about 3 times lol)

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
the bumper off bit has put me rate off to be honest think ill just send them back when i get them. i payed 10 quid for them so if anyone wants them for 8 quid there welcome ( thats if i cannot refund them ) my emails [email protected]

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
so there not proper xenons then?

Just Xenon look bulbs?

You can change the bulbs without taking your bumper off.

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
yea there jus bulbs mate cheapo **** ones off ebay to be honest i bought them as a laugh cos we were on about em bein a bit chavy so thought id go for it ;) how hard is it to replace the bulbs the n ? cheers mate,

o and by the way im from the alfreton area of derbyshire newar chesterfield thou

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Ahh changing the bulbs is a doddle. Just undo 2 metal clips by pussing them sideways, behind the light unit and take the plastic cover off.

Then you need to unplug the bulb - simply pull out the cable (may be a little stiff)

Then unclip the bulb and take out. Reverse this by putting the new ones in! If you wanna come to a meet sometime, im sure someone can show you - we did Spyke's a few weeks ago with similar Xenon look bulbs!

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
ok mate sounds good, wheres ya next meet ? do you lot meet round the back of the town hall in chesterfield near saltergate ? i see loadsa clapped out cars there with various bits of body work done to them but no seats. ( i only see them after football though about 6 pm on a saturday)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Clapped out?! lol no were not a 'croozers' club... :p We meet at Meadowhall Retail Park usually.

Check in the northern local meets section - the next one should be a week or so before Xmas perhaps...

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
so what happens at these meets ? is there any police action etc ? i got pulled last night when i said how come you have pulled me over he said

"you have a yellow sporty car late at night, and it doesnt help that your a young male " o ok cheers officer i dint no i had a sporty car :p

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Mate you dont understand...

A car club like SCN is not like cruising clubs - at meets no one gets into trouble, no one does burnouts, handbrake turns or whatever. Were just a bunch of people who all share some interests, ranging from 17-60+ (usually 18-40 at the meets ive been to however).

Just have a chat, talk about stuff, help people do things like fit parts, peruse other peoples cars, go for a quick drive somewhere, eat, drink etc. We take pride in the cars and support the brand mainly - we dont want to give the club/forum/brand a bad name.

You getting pulled is prob just a one off mate - ive got a mate with a Yellow beeza and hasnt been pulled 'much.' I guess theyre just bored bless em! Hell, i even got pulled over asking what my car was like to drive as his son wanted one :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise