Xenon

mmf

Is it possible to tell to the ecu via vag com or sethig like it, (seat leon FR, 2007), that I have a xenon ligts, ( I dont, I bought HID KDG). Is there an option for that?

mmf

Thanks

Thanks,

HID KDG is aftermarket hid from South korea, quality kit aparently, I installed it on my car but it gets blocked sometimes by a signal that my car sends to the bulb, friend of mine messured it using osiloscope and someone told me that I could change via software option and tell my car that I have a xenon and then the car will stop sending these signals that make now aftermarket xenons to block. So if you say it is possible I will go to my dealer and resolve my problem. Thanks again.

Sorry for my bad English, I am from Croatia.

Theresias

Sorry, but Ross-tech will not support the installation/use of such kits, they are illegal in north America, also in Germany and many other countries - so if we help you, we would also put ourselves on risk.

FWIW, these kits are illegal for a reason and by installing them you accept to put others at risk e.g. with blinding them with improper lights installed in your car.

mmf

Heh

I allready did it via software and it works great, I purchased a angel eyes and believe me my lights work great and dont blind noone.

I asked just can it be done and not will it be done [:@] .

Theresias

...and believe me my lights work great and dont blind noone.

Technically this is just not possible with normal halogen headlights which now have xenon burners fitted - besides that I have some doubts that also retrofitted the headlights leveling and the headlight washers... Anyway, please understand that it's not legal for us to help you in anyway - no need to become personal.

andyb2083

On a similar note, does anyone know if it is possible to re-configure the ECU on a Leon TFSI not to check the current drawn by the sidelights?

I am trying to replace my incandescent sidelights to white LED ones to match the xenon headlights. Unfortunately, they do not draw enough current and the ECU is not happy, it ends up turning off the supply to the sidelights as if they had failed. I'd rather not have to add load resistors to emulate the stock sidelights.

Cheers

Andy