Xmas - Alpine CDA9847R + KCA-420i

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Got a lovely Alpine CDA9847R + KCA-420i for Christmas for my Ipod. Just need to get it fitted now, should make the FR and even better place to be :) Cant' believe she seemed to get everything I need, including the spacers.

Trouble is now I have a lovely new HU, I may have to get a new Ipod, I have one of the original ones.

Hope you all got something nice too :) Merry Christmas

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
I have the TomTom Go Classic, never looked back so to speak. Will change your driving :) No more arguments with the wife when she is "navigating"

ronnie939

Lucky me I have that head unit and it sounds great, I was a little worried about the standard speakers, however with the ade of a 12' sub it does the job nicely. :whistle: :funk:

I also have the Tom Tom 500 and its wicked!!! make sure you download them speed camera sites. :drool: :happy:

Deleted member 7729

NickP said:
And make sure you use the free one, not the one Tom Tom charge you for ;)

Pocket GPS world are on about charging for theirs though...

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
had an Avic-x1r for some time... its been fantastic but has almost had me a couple of major accidents.. you start to rely on the commands..

was hurtling down this road i knew at about 40 mph.. i dont know if she missed the warning or something but she said turn left now.. without thinking i tried to take the left turning at 30mph.. nearly had a major smash with a few other cars.

the unfortuante thing is that i couldnt have a car without sat nav now... its nice not having to worry about where your going... not worry about getting lost.. being able to prepare yourself better to be in the right lane in advance...

happy xmas

rob

I bought an Alpine 9855R+420i for my Evo recently and in all honesty I wish I hadn't bothered. Rubbish design awash with useless gimmicks. I was going to buy a 9847R for the Leon but instead bought a JVC unit from Halfrauds with an auxiliary input and use the iPod controls instead. Works much better and the only downside is the iPod won't charge via the head unit.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
dont have tom tom but i want to try something, what site are the speed camera locations on?

jim4983

Aug 29, 2005
Kent
aphix got any pics of your avic. Im 200 quid away from getting one. Are you impressed would you recommend it??

jim

jim4983

Aug 29, 2005
Kent
Ric do u have a picture of yours fitted?? Did u do it yourself or get audio company to do it??

jim

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
jim4983 said:
Ric do u have a picture of yours fitted?? Did u do it yourself or get audio company to do it??

jim

FITTED MYSELF

damn caps , no dont have pic yet but ill try to take some in morning

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Scotty_b said:
Rick, did the POI scamra locations work on the R?

not tried any yet need to look and find the different formats to download as feel said. , no word from pioneer either,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members