yellow stuff pads

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
need some new breakage gear and while having my milltek fitted the mechanic reccomended standard bremo discs with yellow stuff pads, said bite well even from cold etc etc. anyone run this setup, heard of anyone that has?? and anyone have any idea what cost i'm looking at
cheers

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If they are anything like the red's they will be rubbish.
Get some Ferrodo DS2500 you wont regreat it

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
ferodo do street and track pads, take it most are running the street pads??

robertj

weight is the enemy
I'm running yellow stuff pads on grooved Brembos at the moment. They seem ok. Apparently they have recently changed the compound of yellow stuff pads much improving them (although, how I don't know). I had DS2500 on before (and still have on the rears) and while they are excellent they don't last long and produce a hell of a lot of brake dust. Mine lasted for just 2 track days and 6 months of normal driving, about 4000 miles.
The yellow stuff pads do need a bit of warming up but they do bite well and the discs don't seem to be suffering either.

Chambers Cupra

Revo'd stage two and SPS
Jul 3, 2009
rugby
my work sell these on ebay and yeah they been updated and ive put a set of yellows on my ibiza and they work rather well, but as there a track pad there about half the width of red stuff, so your be changing them more often, only downside i found.

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Im running EBC Ultimax discs and yellow stuff pads all round (as per my sig...)
I havent done track days with them yet, but they have been good as gold so far.
I have pushed them hard at times, and i havent warped the discs or anything. They did glaze up a touch after some spirited driving, but this was only noticeable the morning after, when the wife was driving to work! By the time ive made it across town to open roads, the drivetrain has come up to temp, and the brakes are warm enough to bite again.
Cant fault them really.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yea iam runin ebc ventered and grov ebc front and back discs yellow in the front red pads in the back had no probs cost 450 4 the lot

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.