Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i don't think the maf reading to calculate power gives a true representation. I had my lcr (revo stage 2) on the rollers last week - produced 254bhp/270lbft but was only getting 180g/s max. Have now changed airflow meter and its pulling 195 g/s - havent had it back on rollers though to see what it gets now. Timing pull peaked at 3 degrees. Revo set to b6t8.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Scotty have you seen how much they charge for shipping?

The valve itself costs $79.95 and the shipping costs $95.69:-o

I had a brief look at it but refusing to pay that much for postage. Our turbos were only $75 to send for comparison.

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...di&model=TT MKI&submodel=Quattro&engine=225HP

Wonder if this is worth a pop. I know it wont give me "10 ponys" but maybe better made that the oem one and less likely to fluff up?
That is a OEM one scott as bill said it is a J valve, basically it just has a larger bleed off orifice so it takes longer for the ECU to increase or reduce the boost!

So with using this you'll get a massive boost spike, and with your hyrbid that could be 2bar which is what i seen a few times! :-o

Just give the internals abit of a spray with WD40 to clean it up!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
ECS race valve is in fact an ''H'' valve prone to giving higher boost spiking.

Not what we need lol:D 1.8bar is plenty:)

The J valve is less aggressive and supposedly holds onto boost a little longer up top?

However ive also read numerous times that the standard valve (F) is the best

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ah i was hoping it was a better faster reacting valve. Will try a new F in (i take it thats what everyone else is running?) and see if that helps.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Will strip iot down and WD it. Is there any test like the DV test to see if its working ok?

On another note what DV springs are people using? Im tempted to go up to the blue version as im can feel the car letting "go" as it were as if the DV is letting the pressure off or the waste gate

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
The timing and boost have stayed the same really on mine. I will be getting it mapped but im going for the diff and new gear set first (will take the LCR to over 200mph!)
Its hard to describe the car now, bearing in mind it was torrential ran the car didn’t feel quicker, more stronger, if that makes sense. Its early days yet as im running her in a bit first but to be honest im more impressed with my short shifter!

So is the 200mph LCR still on the cards ?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Did you try it without the shims? I never got any with my service kit.

tell forge and im sure they will send you some for free! ;)

yes i tried it without the shims and i felt it was better with them! :yes: