Cupra Overhaul!!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well after two days of reasonable weather I’ve managed to get some more pictures of the car, here they are;

cupra_overhaul_52.JPG

Aquamist pump installed on the drivers side chassis leg.

cupra_overhaul_53.JPG

Float switch and water line fitted into the washer bottle.

cupra_overhaul_54.JPG

Pressure switch mounted where the charge pipe used to be.

cupra_overhaul_55.JPG

Intercooler charge pipe running round the engine.

cupra_overhaul_56.JPG

Pro-Alloy 50mm Core.

cupra_overhaul_57.JPG

Face on view of the intercooler.

cupra_overhaul_58.JPG

More pictures of the core.

cupra_overhaul_59.JPG

General engine bay shot.

And that’s it for the time being, just finished skimming the inside of the bumper by 20mm along every intake mould and re-fitted some black alloy mesh. Should have some more pictures by the end of the week!

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
That IC looks sweet. Decent size aswell! Is it a kit or a craig special that will be sold in kit form soon??

Remember to pm that list of all the part numbers for the bushes required. cheers mate.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
hmmm that's expensive. Looks very good though, it's looks like a middle version of something AM might have done :whistle: same layout, similar end tanks:D

Craig you must be pleased everything is falling into place for summer?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Ta for the comments, the cooler is the Jabba/Pro-Alloy 50mm core which is about as large as the A&M large one. At the moment it just uses the silicone pipes, however I do plan to have some different pipework made when I have the time.

I had the core mountings moved forward 10mm in the hope to keep the foglights and the aircon, unfortunatly aircon is off for the moment whilst I make a few new brackets, but the fog lights are still there.

jaycupra

Car looks great, hope mine looks as good at that when its done. What have you done to the engine to make 350bhp?

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
Just wanted to say thanks to craig for posting this thread and the pics etc, came in very helpfull over the last day or two fitting:

Top Mounts & Bearings
ARB bushes
Powerflex Wishbone Bushes
Powerflex Engine Bed Bushes
Powerflex Steering Rack Bush
Vibratechnic engine mounts

ta

DJ

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Deejay; You're welcome, least it's been of some use to people aswell!

Baz; Yup its gone, along with the secondary air pump, N249, N112 and a few other bits and bobs.

Here's a long over due update, quiet a few substantial bits have been done over the last few weeks and a few things have also been going wrong. Got the engine work done, I'm quiet surprised no one spotted the green top injectors in the last post!

Also got all the bumper trimmed up correctly, and started to clean all the mucky bits, then of course cover the car in copper grease again to protect it!

cupra_overhaul_60.JPG

Bumper recesses have all been trimed flat and equal.

cupra_overhaul_61.JPG

Mesh has been applied to protect the cooler, and for any doubters with my Forge on the previous mesh had 3 huge dents / holes but the cooler had nothing!

cupra_overhaul_62.JPG

Cooler fitted to the car.

cupra_overhaul_63.JPG

Oops bit too much sunlight.

cupra_overhaul_64.JPG

Frontal view.

cupra_overhaul_65.JPG

Ohhhh new toy's are finally on and in action.

cupra_overhaul_66.JPG

Random downpipe shot.

cupra_overhaul_67.JPG

Once most the engine work was done cleaning started, heres the front arch.

cupra_overhaul_68.JPG

Rear arch, slow progress but it's getting there.

cupra_overhaul_69.JPG

Finally, nice clean(ish) inside wheels.

Car's back in bits again, both the Powerflex rear wishbone bushes have decided to self destruct in 398 miles and I have a minor drive shaft oil seal leak. So today's activites children is to fit some new Vibra-Technic wishbone bushes and replace the drivers side drive shaft oil seal.

More pictures to come soon...!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Yeh, problem with just leaving the solanoid plugged un is you could hear it ticking away... well that's what I found lol. At this very moment in time I have everything left un-plugged to see every available code it can throw up.

Then I'll re-resistor it all and see if anything comes back for anything.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
THought'd you'd gone down jabb route when you post in another thread saying that jabba only seem to get about 320-330bhp no matter which intercooler.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
It's a VF34.20 turbo, normally Jabba use the .18 housing but most IHI car's up here run the .18 so I thought I'd give the .20 a go. It's laggier than the .18 housing however seems to have more top end pull, not too happy with the power figures for the moment but it stayed with a brand new M5 till we had to slow down so it holds its own.

At the moment its 323bhp and 330ft/lbs however it makes and holds 323bhp from 5000rpm right through to 7800rpm, those figures were without Aquamist. I also think it could have been mapped a little harder like I had requested but once i've done a decent mileage on it I will take it back down for some adjustments.

After all, the few IHI cars I know of have been to Jabba several times and its took a few times before they make their absolute most.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Looking good craig your still going to have to take me out in it when its running ok tho would be good to see how much faster it was compared to the first time you took us out in it. :) (hint hint)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise