Cupra Overhaul!!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Bill, it's a SPEC G60 Flywheel (SV21S) with the G60/VR6 Stage 3 Clutch (SV363). The initial pedal feel, feels good but it'll all come down to how driveable it will be with the 6 paddle, should be less harsh than a 4 paddle.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Ta...!

Finally my Anti-Roll Bar's arrived so I could get on with finishing off the engine bed as pictures below;

cupra_overhaul_39.JPG

Engine bed complete ready to be mounted to the car.

cupra_overhaul_40.JPG

New ball joints, eyebolts, bushes and ARB.

cupra_overhaul_41.JPG

As above!

cupra_overhaul_42.JPG

H&R...

cupra_overhaul_43.JPG

Ohh looking good.

cupra_overhaul_44.JPG

Wayhey we have progress, in my haste to get it all back together I forgot to get a few undercar pictures...

...However all is not as it seems, tested the steering and to say the least it's $hite, very notchy with too much play. After a bit of research and some kind help from Elton @ Jabba the problem has been diagnosed as the fork in the steering rack/steering column has become miss alinged, although the rack itself has not been removed.

So the engine bed has to be let down again to rectify this error, but this hopefully shouldn't take too long!

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
bump

had this thread bookmarked for a while and it must be said mightly impressed with what you have done. Any updates on the bush part numbers used and bits and pieces and how does the car feel now?

Dec 31, 2005
London
Looks great mate, i think you've been really sensible and gone about things the right way, you'll have an awesome car when you're finished :)

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well I managed to sort the steering and thankfully I didn’t even have to drop the rack or anything, managed to get it all back in place from the top of the engine. I then fitted the standard side mounted intercooler and have proceeded to do 330 miles of running around in it bedding everything in.

The car has been tracked back up and it feels very fresh, nice positive feel to the steering and there’s no more under steer. You can feel the differential kick and pull the car round the corner instead of trying to wander off course like the standard diff did.

But, no sooner than it’s back on the road is it back off for more work!! The pictures below are from just before fitting the SMIC then just after removing it again to fit the new cooler, aquamist and a few other interesting goodies.

I’ll update this topic over the next week or so with the intercooler fitment pictures, and then hopefully it’ll all be back together and done. The next stage is to give it a proper clean, not just a body wash a whole under-car wash as well as engine, inner arches, etc…

cupra_overhaul_45.JPG

Here you can see in between the two gear selector cables where the carbon canister actually comes out of the tip. This has now been blocked off so the system is 100% removed.

cupra_overhaul_46.JPG

Picture of the 2.75” down pipe, plus you can see an engine mount in the picture.

cupra_overhaul_47.JPG

New bits making the rest of the car look damn right filthy and pitted!

cupra_overhaul_48.JPG

Can see the steering rack bush and wishbone bushes in this picture.

cupra_overhaul_49.JPG

Engine missing standard charge pipe plus engine lifting mount.

cupra_overhaul_50.JPG

Ohh more free space, yes I know it needs a clean.

cupra_overhaul_51.JPG

Just when you think its coming back together more bits come off.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise