how good is the eibach sportline spring kit?

lee b

how good are these kits for road use (too hard or ok) because i want to lower my k1 so it sits better and also might come in handy for the odd trackday etc.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
HI
I must admit , Eibach springs have to be one of the best on the Market
Stunning quality , I have only heard good things about them too
I am sure you will not be dissapointed
Sarah

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Is everyone that has the Sportlines using standard shocks?

Im looking for the Pro-Kit, mainly due to the roads i have to drive on and bumps i have to go over, and i dont fancy having to get new shocks in the future.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
hmm the topic has been covered alot but yea sportlines are indeed a good purchase i mean heck it was my first mod I did on my car, appearance is perfect not too low but just enough for you to notice the difference unlike the prokit. handling wise? its really smooth and well planted when you drive around a roundabout. One thing to mention though for the people who are planning to get sportlines they are lower then stock and prokit so you may want to upgrade shocks in the near future such as pro shocks by eibach when they are combo'd up they are very good, I learnt that koni fsd's are more like stock dampers to go with stock springs or prokit springs so its pointless to combine koni's and sportline together.

oh yes forgot to say..for people who are worried about poor roads, speed bumps and dreaded indoor parking (ncps) you won't have a problem with sportlines i not experienced any issues. and soon to upgraded to newer shocks soon.

I hope this information helps.
FR choices
good upgrades? KONI FSD's + PROKIT EIBACH SPRINGS / KW Coilovers... / and Eibach sportlines
also good idea to have your car tracked when springs changed just to be on the safe side too.

They are good but if ride and road conditions dictate then I would consider the VW Racing springs. They don't lower as much as the sportlines but are progresivly wound so there is a little play in them. They supposedly weigh less and are based on the axel weight of the Golf GTi compared to the one fits all for the Eibachs. Oh I do have the SPortlines and am happy with them but may swap them to the VW Racing ones mainly becasue of a back injury.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
They are good but if ride and road conditions dictate then I would consider the VW Racing springs. They don't lower as much as the sportlines but are progresivly wound so there is a little play in them. They supposedly weigh less and are based on the axel weight of the Golf GTi compared to the one fits all for the Eibachs. Oh I do have the SPortlines and am happy with them but may swap them to the VW Racing ones mainly becasue of a back injury.

If you are seriosuly thinking of changing, then i may take the Sportlines off of your hands!
Let me know!!

Cheers for the info.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
i have had both the sportsline and eibach.
i would say bith are good but the sportsline will make your car look noticably lower.
at the moment i have weitec coilovers but if i have to revert back to fixed damping then sportsline will be a definitive choice combined with eibach pro-dampers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise