Bad day

2pac58

hi all had my mot 2day failed on cv boot,abs light not coming on and rear number plate light out. any ideas on the abs light? then my day gets worse i get a ford ka crash into me wrecked my drivers side door and dent on rear quarter panel write off?????? plus it happend in morrisons and after the crash i forgot 2 get petrol so on way home i conked out lmao things can only get better

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Not having a good day there fella.

Depending how much damage there is insurance will probably write it off as they will have a low book value for it.

As for ABS light, surely they didn't fail you for it NOT coming on?? If you mean it failed because the light on your dash was on, need to check which wheel is the porblem. Might just be dirt on the sensor which a good jet wash session will sort out.

2pac58

well the exact words where anti lock braking system warning lamp does not illuminate [ 3.4.1b]

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Well I guess that means it doesnt come on when you switch on the ignition, which would be a fail as it wouldnt warn you of a problem with the abs. Check the dash bulb.
Tho at the mo it does sound like the least of your problems. Hope you get it all sorted.

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
I took my ABS bulb out because it was on permanently, passed its MOT no problem ? Maybe a jobsworth tester?

2pac58

thx for replys guys can u explain y putting tape over it will make it pass????

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
because if you put 'trim' over a light that isn't extinguishing then an MOT tester can't remove trim to 'test' anything.

BUT

If a car has ABS installed then the ABS light must come on, then go off.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.