Induction kit leon 1.8T

Dan K

Mar 14, 2014
Hi I was going to put a k and n induction kit on my leon cupra 1.8t and noticed that there is another pipe connected to the air box.

Can anybody tell me what this pipe actually does. It runs down to the bottom of the engine at the front and it's a circular connection plugging into the air box below the mad sensor.

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
I think that's the SAI, I couldn't tell you what it does but I believe some people remove it so it's not hugely necessary :)

As for the filter I'd buy a Ramair :) Cheaper and lifetime warranty and I believe they're dry filters so no issues with MAF's

Dan K

Mar 14, 2014
Ok cheers.

I have a small filter for it

I'm still undecided whether the have a cone or panel filter. Anybody recommend any of these

Dan K

Mar 14, 2014
Ok brill. So you get better pull off speed from a panel filter.

Does the mpg increase if you have a remap.

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
For me it's panel filter all day long mate my belief is upgrade for that reason not for sound the airbox is a sealed unit which will only draw in cold air a cane filter will at least 70% be sucking in hit air from under the engine bay, even with a shield the induction area is massive and for it work properly you would have to have it perfectly air tight and a ram air pipe to feed the entire surface area of the filter but that's just my opinion of over 20 years molding cars all depends what you want noise or response I personally have do e the n249 full removal and got a cotton green panel on order

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
As for remap mine is actually better on fuel I've found with most cars after remap designed for your car and a generic one mpg rises I'm getting almost 30mpg round town and that includes driving on boost as well

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Yup MPG will increase with a remap because the engine won't be working as hard to get to the same speeds so engine RPM will be lower

However the saying is power corrupts so you'll be gunning it everywhere with a smile on your face so MPG won't exactly be important ;)

I'm guessing you're AUQ lump?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-Leon...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Leon&hash=item3f2a7f670b

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Cot...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c9f197b3

I know where my money'd be going :)

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Might switch back to my pipercross panel mod the airbox and see if i can feel any difference.

Think some on here have even put the cone inside the airbox?

Dan K

Mar 14, 2014
I tried the induction kit and it did fit in my air box without the lid on top but after driving home from work I felt the cone and it was warm so probably was sucking in warm air. I have now removed it and will get the panel filter then a remap.

What is n249 removal.

So green cotton panel filter is the better option you think

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Green filter is dry so no oil to worry about it

N249's been covered 1000's of times it's in the FAQ's for the best way to explain it

I'd map first before anything else to be honest

You don't buy a cone filter for performance you buy it for the noise

Dan K

Mar 14, 2014
Arh right so a panel filter is more for performance.

Have you any idea how much more horsepower and torque you gain from a map on these motors

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
I would say cone is better over all on a turbo car. Regardless whether the air is cold is irrelevant. If the air is freezing cold once it goes through the red hot turbo it will turn that into hot air. Turning hot air into cold air is the job of the intercooler.
If running higher than standard power I would say a panel filter inside the standard air box is more restrictive than a free flowing cone filter.

Simple way to test this would be to do a vagcom log on your mass airflow with both cone and panel filters

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.