Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

raphski

Jan 24, 2015
Any luck, joker_fr?

Don't suppose anyone else might have Europe v3 maps they'd be willing to upload for me?

As I said, I did have it, and deleted the files by mistake when attempting to do an update myself.

Last edited:

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
Any luck, joker_fr?

Don't suppose anyone else might have Europe v3 maps they'd be willing to upload for me?

As I said, I did have it, and deleted the files by mistake when attempting to do an update myself.

Rhetoric question:
Haven't we decided that unless the maps are registered to the car by the dealer putting anything else on is useless?

If so it would seem the only way you are going to get SatNav back is to go to your dealer and open your wallet to buy the latest version :cry:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Rhetoric question:
Haven't we decided that unless the maps are registered to the car by the dealer putting anything else on is useless?

If so it would seem the only way you are going to get SatNav back is to go to your dealer and open your wallet to buy the latest version :cry:

Yep, pretty sure that's correct.

raphski

Jan 24, 2015
Ah. My understanding was that it's the version of maps that's tied to the car rather than the specific copy of the specific version. So a car is set up to work with v3/4/5 and will work with any copy of that version.

I'm sure I've read that from someone who worked at a garage, though I'd be hard pressed to link to where I saw it having read god knows how many different things from different places. So i'm not after getting the latest version, just the version I had before I did a stupid. I should say, if I get a copy of v3 (034) it'll be going on the original SD card. It's not been formatted so any special partitioned stuff that's on it is still there. It's just the map data I don't have.

Worth a shot, I thought. Otherwise, yeah - pay the man.

Last edited:

dmcer

Jan 9, 2015
SE
Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but is this of any use?
Ah won't let me post a url. try: goo.gl / NQ4mTC

raphski

Jan 24, 2015
I believe it has. They were the instructions I followed to do the update and what lead me to this sorry mess in the first place. That page isn't super clear and it seems that various investigation shows most of what it says there to be ineffective. It also only links to the latest version of map data, which isn't what I'm after. Thanks though!

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi mate, I believe mine is 034. I will try to send it to you tomorrow. What would be the best way to upload few GB of data to you (I live in Bulgaria)?

raphski

Jan 24, 2015
That would be amazing!

Probably dropbox is the best way to upload it. Then you can just email me a link and take it down once i've downloaded it. Otherwise, maybe wetransfer . com or something like that? You can upload up to 10gb on that. Again, thank you.

raphski

Jan 24, 2015
So as hoped/suspected replacing the files on the sd card with like for like worked! IT WORKED! I have sat nav again. Huzzah! Praise be to CyberGene.

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
As we have discovered in this thread earlier it's the unit that is linked to a specific version (and probably to the CID of the SD card). The actual navigation data is binary identical across all VAG brands and is freely downloadable. However if you haven't purchased MapCare, updates won't work. As far as I understand you should purchase the update and SEAT will reprogram the unit to support the new version of map data and the new SD card. I guess all that would probably be solved by VCSD but there doesn't seem to be any progress so far.

lilmax811

Feb 11, 2015
Navigation europe west vw

Hello guys,

Can someone send me a link to download the maps of europe or west europe for a RNS 310 VW ?

Thank you a lot. ;)

Last edited:

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
yes just tried the download link does not work and if you go to Here maps and try to send a location to car it only list Volvo and Mercedes :(

Full download doesn't work but you can download them part by part. I installed them on my nav in the end of december.

Bebee

Mar 4, 2015
Hi Guys!
I need a big help:
I bought a 2013.02. Leon Mk3, and the nav sd card is not included. Somebody stolen out.

My car details:
Device part number: 5F0035846
Hardware: 039
Software: 0132

Someone could send me a good software?
Thank you very much, and sorry my bad english! :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise