Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Deleted member 98136

I download free updates for my Cupra 280 from a SEAT website. Its easy have done it 3 times now just back up your SD card then copy over the new files.

jeff4066,

It might help others if you include the seat website that you used to do this.

Can you remember the version number you updated from and what version number you now are running ?

Tell

Staff member
Is that the navigation system plus Jeff4066. I'm buying an Ateca with the navigation system plus and my reading did at one point suggest that updates could be different between the plus version and non plus. What you're doing is keeping the hidden bit of the SD card and copying over the new stuff in place of what is there, stating the obvious.

Given the additional cost of the Navigation system plus it would be good to know that updates don't cost you anything. Which ever system you have, did it delete your favourites and POIs etc or retain them ?.

Last edited:

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
I tried it wont let me as I have made under 15 posts

I tried to post pics of before and after screen shots but it wont let me do that either

Last edited:

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
h t t p: //w w w.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Standard&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light

try this close the spaces

Last edited:

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
I have the standard Navi system updated now to version 0059 2016/17.

I dont have many locations saved anyway but I have never lost any updating

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
The same site has the downloads for the Navi plus to.

The main thing to to is only use the original or a cheap SEAT SD card off ebay.

will not work with a standard SD card.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'm going to give this a go. I notice there are 2 full files for the navigation system eu 1 and eu 2. What I can't figure out is which 1 do I need? Anyone done this for UK navigation and advise which file is needed?

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
h t t p: //w w w.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Standard&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light

I tried this the day after I got my car. Backed up the SD card's contents then shoved on the downloaded files from that website. The car just said the data was invalid or something.

I doubt you can just update it for free like that, although it would be nice. If you've done it maybe you're just lucky and they haven't locked down your system or SD card or something.

Tell

Staff member
Further up in the thread it is said it works for some and not for others. Given the range of models that's believable. Other people buy the complete new card off ebay and that works for some, not for others. I'm interested in what success people have had with the navigation plus.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004

The important info is on this page.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Instructions&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light

What is interesting is that is says the maps sd in in slot 2. Mine has always been in slot 1. Never tried it or the later sd card that didn't work in slot 2. I can't see it making a difference though.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Is that the navigation system plus Jeff4066. I'm buying an Ateca with the navigation system plus and my reading did at one point suggest that updates could be different between the plus version and non plus. What you're doing is keeping the hidden bit of the SD card and copying over the new stuff in place of what is there, stating the obvious.

Given the additional cost of the Navigation system plus it would be good to know that updates don't cost you anything. Which ever system you have, did it delete your favourites and POIs etc or retain them ?.

Info here about identifying between nav and plus.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/-/-/-/View-Promo?cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&Page=SEAT_Leon&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&HideCrumb=true

Last edited:

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
oh it works fine just follow the menu its dead easy, remember to unlock and the lock the SD car before you put it back in the car.

just have to pic the download for your system its not difficult it has the pictures and version details its harder to get it wrong than right

I tried this the day after I got my car. Backed up the SD card's contents then shoved on the downloaded files from that website. The car just said the data was invalid or something.

I doubt you can just update it for free like that, although it would be nice. If you've done it maybe you're just lucky and they haven't locked down your system or SD card or something.

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland

Do you remember what was exactly the error description?

Cause I had similar issue and the reason for it was I was formating my SD card in OS X and for some reasons SEAT doesn't like it! so I did the same procedure in Windows and voila!

8Q6ai3e.jpg

Last edited:

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
oh it works fine just follow the menu its dead easy, remember to unlock and the lock the SD car before you put it back in the car.

just have to pic the download for your system its not difficult it has the pictures and version details its harder to get it wrong than right
I had the right version, for 5F0. Didn't work.

Do you remember what was exactly the error description?

Cause I had similar issue and the reason for it was I was formating my SD card in OS X and for some reasons SEAT doesn't like it! so I did the same procedure in Windows and voila!
I did not format the SD card. I literally just deleted the files off of it and replaced them with the contents of the download zip. Can't remember the exact error message, I might be able to find out tomorrow. Maybe you're meant to copy the files on top of the existing ones rather than delete the contents of the SD card before copying?

Your photo is a software update, which is surely different than a navigation update.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I tried updating my navi system but failed. My system is 6p0 and gave errors as soon as I switched navigation system on.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
As most sat nav 'upgrades' are out of date as soon as you get them, and given the fact that I managed to navigate my way around the UK and Europe in a 2012 Passat up until April this year with the original nav data, I wouldn't bother. Equally the risk of completely screwing up the ( very expensive) factory fitted unit by using any of the possibly dubious internet methods in order to save a few quid is not something I'm prepared to do.

JeffW

Jul 5, 2016
Winchester
Many thanks for the information. I will give it a try. What year is your Cupra 280 and does it have Navi or Navi plus installed. What was the url of the Seat website?

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
Maybe you're meant to copy the files on top of the existing ones rather than delete the contents of the SD card before copying?

Turns out this isn't possible because the SD card doesn't have enough space for this approach.

I tried the May 2016 files as suggested by JeffW. Didn't work in SD 1 or SD 2. It says:

Starting navigation...

for 30 seconds or so, then it says:

The navigation data in the SD card are not valid. Please check data.

:(

Last edited:

froilburner

FR Oil Burner
Apr 9, 2006
Has anyone deleted everything off their card and then tried to put the old maps back on it again?

I don't want to try the update for it not to work and be left with no nav.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members