what did you and your mk3 leon do today

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Today my Mk3 Leon and I drove to a local dealership and ordered its replacement. I'm not a fan of the updated version of the Leon, and whilst the new Cupra 300 4wd sounds nice, I didn't want another estate.

So I've gone for something totally different and ordered a Works Mini. Hopelessly impractical, but so much more fun.

MEZ44

Aug 7, 2016
Today we drove to Cheshire Oaks and averaged 35.6mpg on the motorway (around 45 miles) in the Cupra. Not too bad I think.

That is surprising. What mode do u drive in?
I struggle to get 250miles from a tank

Also has anyone figured out the optimum drive gear and speed to achieve high mpg?
Assuming flat road and constant speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Mez do you drive it like you stole it or all start stop driving? I can squeeze 320 out of a tank with taking it relatively easy but with dsg. I notice the dsg does change gear up very early. It will be in 5th doing 30. On a recent trip to Paris, approx 1000 miles, I averaged mid 30's albeit pretty much motorway all the way @ 80-85mph, 3 up with luggage.

Last edited:

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Drove from North Yorkshire to Liverpool (and back again this evening) in the Cupra 290 BE (DSG). I refuelled around 14 miles into the journey and ive done 242 miles with roughly 32-33MPG average. Mostly using ACC in Comfort mode

Plenty of rain and fog to mix up the driving styles but mostly cruising speeds (70-80) with the odd slow down due to the traffic and the 50mph average section on the M62 (UGH!)

Theres probably a good 100 miles left in the tank which should last me the rest of the week for work, well impressed.

The previous two tanks have averaged around 28MPG, short trips to work and back.

EDIT: Me and the Mrs in the car for the long trip today, normally just me.

Last edited:

Jacko_

Jan 4, 2017
Manchester
So for me at the time it was in the day, with the misses and little'un in the car. 95% motorway miles in the day time so wasn't boosting it. Using individual mode set to eco and comfort for everything. M60 anti-clockwise for the for the Trafford centre side is down to 50 but the rest was at 70-80 mph.

With the family in the car I tend to keep it sensible, she's no speed freak unfortunately but that's probably for the best. I wanted to play with a 66 plate golf gti today but she's keep nagging me so slipped it back into eco and kept it sensible.

I tend to get about 28-29mpg combined, or at least I have so far but that may go up or down depending on how I drive. Try No to keep the daily hack stuff to using her diesel and the Cupra for playtime.

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
I'm really pleased as we do a weekly trip in 3 differnt veichles and my cupra which has a jb1
And I average 33 to 34 on a run with the odd few blasts up roads where I can. costs me roughly £5 more on my trip.=best £5 I'll spend

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Wow 30s for motorway? I get 42 Liverpool to Rochdale and I got 41 to Bristol to Liverpool. That was with the odd blast too. I have mine in eco/comfort.
On a side note has anyone else noticed the torque curve is different (lower) in eco and is nicer to drive round town?

Edit - Bristol Return got me 450miles to that tank. I can get much less but it's great to know that economy is available when needed.

Last edited:

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
No not all motorways country roads start stop quite a lot and 350+bhp so 33 to 34 I'm quite happy with . I have car in comfort mode in individual setup but all rest in cupra as im not likeing the sound amplifier

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
No not all motorways country roads start stop quite a lot and 350+bhp so 33 to 34 I'm quite happy with . I have car in comfort mode in individual setup but all rest in cupra as im not likeing the sound amplifier
Same I hate the fake sound. When I have some spare cash I'm going to turn it off with obd eleven and get my center box chopped.

Last edited:

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
Yes love or hate thing I guess but it's a hate for me and yes more natural exaust notes is the way forward. A lot of people are just unplugging but if it can be switched of by obd Then happy days .

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Dropped it off this morning for a service and got a mii mango for a courtesy car. Its an awesome little thing!
We got a Skoda Citigo (same car basically) as a second car just before Christmas and I've been really impressed. It could just do with a bit more oooomph for the hills around here....

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Popped my car on autotrader today :) for anyone that's interested or just wants a nosey, it's the 14 plate, 32k miles, dynamic grey one that's on for £16,500!

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Booked my service online and it supposedly comes with a years breakdown cover. Will i get an email with the details of something? The dealer knew nothing about it!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Booked my service online and it supposedly comes with a years breakdown cover. Will i get an email with the details of something? The dealer knew nothing about it!

I got an email afterwards, but it's up to the dealer to register it for you so they need to learn about it quickly if they know nothing about it. It's optional, but free so you'd be daft not to take it since it's quite comprehensive (home start, Euro cover, etc).

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
I got an email afterwards, but it's up to the dealer to register it for you so they need to learn about it quickly if they know nothing about it. It's optional, but free so you'd be daft not to take it since it's quite comprehensive (home start, Euro cover, etc).

THanks Rob i will drop them an email now

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Well not exactly today, but forgot to post haha...

Went from East London (by A12) to Stansted airport (drop parents off with 1 big, 1 medium suitcase), and return. Left at 6:00, light traffic still, returned by 7:20 ish, some traffic...round-trip about 66 miles.. 58.7 mpg on 2.0TDI DSG SE Tech going at or above speed limit, eg...~53mph/~75mph etc where possible.

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire

Confirmed! Thats gotto be worth at least £50 right? Makes the service seem a little better value. ;)