Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
MIB1 update isn't working this time at the moment. Goign to reattempt it again tomorrow when I have more time.

Shame as it worked when I did the 2016/2017 update.

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
Just been reading through this thread... What is the difference between an mib1 and mib2? how do i find out what system i have?
my car is a MY16 17 plate SE tech pack ecomotive.

After just reading 'whenimalone's' post, my info is dpn 5QA035858, hardware H30, software 0359, ND 6P0919866H, 0635, ECE1 2016/17, shield 2016-03 (build020)
thanks

Last edited:

WhenImAlone

Feb 23, 2017
MIB1 update isn't working this time at the moment. Goign to reattempt it again tomorrow when I have more time.

Just to continue sounding as stupid as humanly possible about this topic (as I don't really understand the differences between the MIB1 and MIB2 styles), I've just checked and the settings on the car are: 5F0919866H 0040 ECE 2014/15. Can you confirm if that is MIB1?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Just been reading through this thread... What is the difference between an mib1 and mib2? how do i find out what system i have?
my car is a MY16 17 plate SE tech pack ecomotive.

After just reading 'whenimalone's' post, my info is dpn 5QA035858, hardware H30, software 0359, ND 6P0919866H, 0635, ECE1 2016/17, shield 2016-03 (build020)
thanks

Seat don't have a very good landing page which on a Google it takes you to the wrong place. Yours is a mib2, leading 6P which is the code. Yours would be the Exciter method covered above, abridged. Credit must go to a number of people from November 2016 who contributed to the workaround when you read back through the thread.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/in...EAT/Seat Portal Landing Page/SEAT_Portal.html

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Just to continue sounding as stupid as humanly possible about this topic (as I don't really understand the differences between the MIB1 and MIB2 styles), I've just checked and the settings on the car are: 5F0919866H 0040 ECE 2014/15. Can you confirm if that is MIB1?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Yours is a Mib1. The 5F leading code.

Deleted member 111367

Hi Andrew

I currently have MIB1 but 2014 maps on it which must be original. I would be more than happy to have 2016/17 maps and not the current ones. Any chance of a link to 2016/17 updated maps..?

Many thanks

Paul

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
Seat don't have a very good landing page which on a Google it takes you to the wrong place. Yours is a mib2, leading 6P which is the code. Yours would be the Exciter method covered above, abridged. Credit must go to a number of people from November 2016 who contributed to the workaround when you read back through the thread.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/in...EAT/Seat Portal Landing Page/SEAT_Portal.html

Great thanks Tell!

Right then I have copied my original car and downloaded the 0820 file... it's a 7Z file type, is this correct?
Do I need to open it or just put this onto the root of my formatted sd card?
Or do I transplant it into my original 'maps' file? I don't want to fudge up the card/system?

I couldn't fully understand with the notabenem method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
Sorry just found out 7Z is a compression type. Just extracting now *♂️

Edit. Notabenem method make more sense now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi Andrew

I currently have MIB1 but 2014 maps on it which must be original. I would be more than happy to have 2016/17 maps and not the current ones. Any chance of a link to 2016/17 updated maps..?

Many thanks

Paul

They were on the here website but the new update is on there now.

Tell

Staff member
They were on the here website but the new update is on there now.

Reckon it's this one... your thread when you had it working

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4674473

The Dutch are good on their navigation site so I found it there

https://www.seat-online.nl/archive/index.php/t-21878.html

So it's this one

http://vw.download.navigation.com/a...ndard1_Single_File_EU/P59_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT.7z

VW leave these files up on their servers so you can get at them by googling elements of the filename. The files are standard across the VAG group so when they first come out and not wrapped up in each VAG model menu download, people find where they are they post up the links which is useful :).

Deleted member 111367

Thanks Tell and thanks Andrew!

I will take a look, backup the existing card and have a go :)

Paul

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
MIB1 still wont work. If I do it on MacOS it says it can't copy one of the french folders. If I do it on Windows it runs out of space on the memory card even though the card is a 8gb card and the files are 6.9gb.

Will try again today

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
0820 update feedback

So I drove a couple of miles with this new version on my nav unit.
The update itself seems to be ok. I have not experienced any crash, whatsoever. Search, guidance is working as expected.
However, I think I have found an error in the data itself:
1. Try to look up "Vrakunska" in the destination search.
2. Click on the one listed as located in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
3. See the location in the map: instead of navigating you to Slovakia, the destination marker is put somewhere in Sweden.

My guess is that the actual GPS coordinates in the DB are incorrect, whereas the FTS db is right (listing the street as the one in Bratislava). The question is:
1. is this error limited to 0820 or was it present already on elder versions?
2. Have you come across similar problems with older version of the maps and in general, were they frequent or indeed very rare?

Tell

Staff member
MIB1 still wont work. If I do it on MacOS it says it can't copy one of the french folders. If I do it on Windows it runs out of space on the memory card even though the card is a 8gb card and the files are 6.9gb.

Will try again today

You could try the Mac version of DiscoverCare given that you are not editting anything copied.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/navigation-and-entertainment-systems/discover-navigation

This hinges on being able to find a Mib1 on the VW list of cars and the principle that all map updates across the VAG group are common which they are. Basically Discover Care irons out the Mac hidden file issue so you would think it will copy your difficult French folder since its a sealed operation that's suppose to take the sweat out of the process. If not VW customers would be having issues with that file.

Tell

Staff member
On that web site linked it states it is possible to buy an updated SD card. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a VW SD card and pair it to our MIB1/2 systems? As these do not seem to be locked in any way, is this a way ahead?

The mib2 ones have to be locked to your infotainment system at least by a dealer with their ODIS equipment. Basically if the units never had a card in it, itself registers to the first card that goes into it, after that any card change needs to be done via ODIS equipment. That's how I understand it. Mib1 people were having various success at changing cards reported on this thread. If Seat UK provided Mapcare then you could swap out the cards or do a download yourself to upgrade. Just got to keep the pressure up on them for being stupid when their competitors and indeed other VAG brands do in the UK.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
On that web site linked it states it is possible to buy an updated SD card. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a VW SD card and pair it to our MIB1/2 systems? As these do not seem to be locked in any way, is this a way ahead?

You can buy the updates from SEAT

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You could try the Mac version of DiscoverCare given that you are not editting anything copied.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/navigation-and-entertainment-systems/discover-navigation

This hinges on being able to find a Mib1 on the VW list of cars and the principle that all map updates across the VAG group are common which they are. Basically Discover Care irons out the Mac hidden file issue so you would think it will copy your difficult French folder since its a sealed operation that's suppose to take the sweat out of the process. If not VW customers would be having issues with that file.

Just tried this, flashed the SD card back to the last version that worked. plugged it in and it recognised it. told me there was an update. did the update and it came up with an error to do with an archive file.

plugged it in car and it doesn't work.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.