Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Yes I can vouch for this as well. After my failed attempt last night I copied the original files back onto the sd card and sat navigation worked again.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Just tried it on mine too. Downloaded the file 'P59_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT.7z', copied it to the original SD card after backing up and deleting the original data, put it in the car and for a few seconds I thought it had worked as it showed the correct map for my location, but then came up with the invalid data message. Clearly there's some sort of check going on.

Ah well, worth a try.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, I think it would be very helpful if posters on this thread stated what navigation system they have and also what country the car was purchased from as I believe that cars from certain European countries allow you to update the maps for free for up to 3 years.
I have tried updating my Navigation system high several times with no success, I used a new blank 32gb SD card and first tried downloading the FULL Download which did not work then I did the individual downloads (24 items) still did not work.
Also I seem to remember that when the files were extracted to the memory card that the individual downloads gave a different number of bytes to the full download!

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Just tried it on mine too. Downloaded the file 'P59_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT.7z', copied it to the original SD card after backing up and deleting the original data, put it in the car and for a few seconds I thought it had worked as it showed the correct map for my location, but then came up with the invalid data message. Clearly there's some sort of check going on.

Ah well, worth a try.

You need to use a program called 7zip to extract the file within the .7z archive.

It's like a file within a folder.

Then copy the extracted file to the SD card.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
I noticed this too, however there is an earlier download nov 2015 that is only 4.9gb which will fit on the seat cards.
No no, the latest May 2016 release will fit but only if you delete the existing contents of the card. If you try to copy it over, Windows will complain that not enough space exists. This would happen with any release.

Alas, it doesn't work. JeffW probably bought his Leon outside the UK and has Mapcare.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
No no, the latest May 2016 release will fit but only if you delete the existing contents of the card. If you try to copy it over, Windows will complain that not enough space exists. This would happen with any release.

Alas, it doesn't work. JeffW probably bought his Leon outside the UK and has Mapcare.

I'm pretty sure (when I checked it last time I had it out the car) my SEAT sd card is only 8gb whereas the latest download is 13gb compressed. So I can't see how that could ever fit on.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure (when I checked it last time I had it out the car) my SEAT sd card is only 8gb whereas the latest download is 13gb compressed. So I can't see how that could ever fit on.
Nah, May 2016 for 5F0 fits on the card with ~300 MiB free.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
You need to use a program called 7zip to extract the file within the .7z archive.

It's like a file within a folder.

Then copy the extracted file to the SD card.

I know, I did all that (albeit with WinRAR). As said, the maps displayed for a moment before the error message appeared.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
So here's my working V6

Will test over the next few days

Nice, I could n't get a card with V4 working on my 2013, so I wonder if yours is unlocked completely.

which file did you download from the link for the UK?

FULL DOWNLOAD EU1
FULL DOWNLOAD EU2

Or do you need both anyway?

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004

Just got my v2 card in to check. As I thought 8gb. Currently downloading EU1 update of 12GB.....

Can we find out what v4 etc sizes are?

seatsdv2.png

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
Dont unzip the download file on the SD card make a folder on your desktop do it there then drag and drop to the SD card

I had the right version, for 5F0. Didn't work.

I did not format the SD card. I literally just deleted the files off of it and replaced them with the contents of the download zip. Can't remember the exact error message, I might be able to find out tomorrow. Maybe you're meant to copy the files on top of the existing ones rather than delete the contents of the SD card before copying?

Your photo is a software update, which is surely different than a navigation update.

jeff4066

Sep 9, 2015
Here are my before and after pics

h t t p://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/jeffbmw1/Mobile%20Uploads/DD2750A4-7EA3-43EC-96B6-5DBBA4C11369_zpscf8rokdg.jpg[/url]

h t t p://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/jeffbmw1/Mobile%20Uploads/FAF48CDA-EC6B-457B-AEEC-02697B7CD8FC_zps7lelxbtz.jpg[/url]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.