Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
I have a Seat Leon FR 2014 without rain sensor and auto light lights.
If i get these parts HEAD LIGHT SWITCH 5G0941431AF and RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A
I think the RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A will be ok.
But i am unsure if i need a light sensor wire to go with the HEAD LIGHT SWITCH 5G0941431AF
So do i need a light sensor wire AND auto light switch if i get genuine parts ?

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Nothing i don't think .. compared to my last car ..Scirocco had auto lights and behind the mirror on the windscreen looks different ( plain looking, no sensor pads or anything).

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
If there are no sensors at all fixed to the windscreen (take it you don't have climate control then?) then yes you'll need some cabling.
Cabling between where and where I don't know as its not something I've looked into.

Either the information is already on the forum somewhere or hopefully someone who knows will be along soon :)

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
If there are no sensors at all fixed to the windscreen (take it you don't have climate control then?) then yes you'll need some cabling.
Cabling between where and where I don't know as its not something I've looked into.

Either the information is already on the forum somewhere or hopefully someone who knows will be along soon :)

Thanks for the info.
How can i check if i have climate control ?
I have individual temperature control knobs for air con ect.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Will this be ok for the facelift model?
5ba3e43ab52f74209733f4afbdf19f92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Will this be ok for the facelift model?
5ba3e43ab52f74209733f4afbdf19f92.jpg

That appears to be a MK7 Golf switch so should work OK, but will have white back lighting rather than red.

On another note when replacing the Humidity sensor for the Rain/ Light sensor do you need to remove and replace the gel pad or can you just fit it to the existing pad?

Can I fit the new sensor and leave my eBay auto light switch installed and get wipers to work without coding?

This will be temporary until I can find the correctly coloured switch

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
That appears to be a MK7 Golf switch so should work OK, but will have white back lighting rather than red.

On another note when replacing the Humidity sensor for the Rain/ Light sensor do you need to remove and replace the gel pad or can you just fit it to the existing pad?

Can I fit the new sensor and leave my eBay auto light switch installed and get wipers to work without coding?

This will be temporary until I can find the correctly coloured switch
U can use the 1 already installed. The only thing that works without coding is the rain sensor, rest will need coding

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
U can use the 1 already installed. The only thing that works without coding is the rain sensor, rest will need coding

Thanks, I’m only interested in wipers at the moment as I have the eBay Auto light switch/ sensor that works fine, but when I find the correct SEAT light switch I’ll swap it out and code up the new switch with OBD11

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Another thing if someone can answer.
The china light switch comes with a light sensor wire.
If i manage to get a genuine Seat light switch will i need a light sensor wire or should it already be in the car somewhere
and match up with the genuine Seat light switch ?

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Another thing if someone can answer.
The china light switch comes with a light sensor wire.
If i manage to get a genuine Seat light switch will i need a light sensor wire or should it already be in the car somewhere
and match up with the genuine Seat light switch ?
To get seat spec auto lights you need to replace the switch and the sensor located inside the rear view mirror casing, no wiring required as long as you have climate control.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacko5

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
To get seat spec auto lights you need to replace the switch and the sensor located inside the rear view mirror casing, no wiring required as long as you have climate control.

5Q0955547A. ?

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Can't remember my switch code (it's up in this thread somewhere along with my Obdeleven guide) but it lights up the right colour (not white like a golf one will) and it came out of a Polo GTi.
Cheers i have ordered a 5Q0955547A. from ebay.
Just a switch to find now.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.