Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Set to ‘not sensitive’ there is no discernible difference IMO
I suppose we can live with that, atleast we got autolights working when its dark and the home/leaving lights. My next mission is getting vim (video in motion) to work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I suppose we can live with that, atleast we got autolights working when its dark and the home/leaving lights. My next mission is getting vim (video in motion) to work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very true, the best part of Auto lights for me was stopping the dashboard dimming, worth it for that alone.

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
I’ve fitted auto wipers and lights to my car and it is working fine as I’ve used vcds, does anyone know how to make the rain sensor more sensitive??

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I’ve fitted auto wipers and lights to my car and it is working fine as I’ve used vcds, does anyone know how to make the rain sensor more sensitive??

I find it quite sensitive, if you want a more frequent wipe use the adjustment on top of the wiper switch. Normally you have to flick that to get it to work from a start as they are programmed not to start wiping from a cold start to avoid trying to wipe with frozen blades in Winter.

As I side issue I find the auto lights to be too sensitive even when set to none-sensitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
I find it quite sensitive, if you want a more frequent wipe use the adjustment on top of the wiper switch. Normally you have to flick that to get it to work from a start as they are programmed not to start wiping from a cold start to avoid trying to wipe with frozen blades in Winter.

As I side issue I find the auto lights to be too sensitive even when set to none-sensitive

The only issue changing this on the stork it that they start going 100mph if you get a bit of rain? My a6 is on the same setting as the Leon and they would fine, I think it’s some minor tweaking in vcds??

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
The only issue changing this on the stork it that they start going 100mph if you get a bit of rain? My a6 is on the same setting as the Leon and they would fine, I think it’s some minor tweaking in vcds??

Maybe, I did mine with OBDEleven and haven’t tweaked anything and they seem just right.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Also i managed to get the correct light switch with auto and 2 fog light icons from ebay .. £20 result.

If it was the SEAT version with the right colour illumination you did well.

My CH/LH were working but now seem to have stopped for no apparent reason.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
If it was the SEAT version with the right colour illumination you did well.

My CH/LH were working but now seem to have stopped for no apparent reason.

Thanks. I have deleted the post as i was a right doughnut.
I now realise that you have to have been out in the car , then park up, thats when the coming home lights work correctly doh.
Yes the switch lights up the same colour ( red ) as the other interior lighting icons. ( apart from the auto icon ( yellow ) and the one next to it ( green ) .. hope that's right.

Last edited:

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks. I have deleted the post as i was a right doughnut.
I now realise that you have to have been out in the car , then park up, thats when the coming home lights work correctly doh.
Yes the switch lights up the same colour ( red ) as the other interior lighting icons. ( apart from the auto icon ( yellow ) and the one next to it ( green ) .. hope that's right.
Exactly, the coming home is triggered by the driver door opening after the engine is shut. And leaving home gets triggered by unlocking the car.

You can change it from vcds, if you want to turn on the coming home light not by driver door but engine shut.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacko5

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
Hi

I’ve noticed today while driving that the lights on the speedometer seems to fade ? Is this to do with the retro fit of the auto lights and wipers ??

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hi

I’ve noticed today while driving that the lights on the speedometer seems to fade ? Is this to do with the retro fit of the auto lights and wipers ??

My speedo lights used to dim all the time before I fitted auto lights and wipers, now when set to Auto the speedo back lighting is constant. Have you got the lights set to Auto all the time?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Exactly, the coming home is triggered by the driver door opening after the engine is shut. And leaving home gets triggered by unlocking the car.

You can change it from vcds, if you want to turn on the coming home light not by driver door but engine shut.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Do you have the coding to change coming home lights from driver door open to engine off?

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
09. Central Electronics > 10. Security , enter code 31347, Do it!

Go to Adaptation menu now, and from the drop down select:

ENG10584-ENG116604-Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Coming-home Einschaltereignis - Driver door

you can change it from there.

Reactions: niallain

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
My speedo lights used to dim all the time before I fitted auto lights and wipers, now when set to Auto the speedo back lighting is constant. Have you got the lights set to Auto all the time?

Hi jim45

Yes I leave the switch on auto so they come on straight away at night And also the welcome light comes on? But again it’s got to be pitch black for that to happen

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Hi jim45

Yes I leave the switch on auto so they come on straight away at night And also the welcome light comes on? But again it’s got to be pitch black for that to happen
Sounds odd, mine come on at dusk, certainly not pitch black. Mine was fitted as standard though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
Sounds odd, mine come on at dusk, certainly not pitch black. Mine was fitted as standard though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve added the sensor to the car and programmed it through vcds software, I need to check if I can adjust the sensitivity of it in vcds

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
Does anyone know the difference between

5Q0955547A And 5Q0955547B???

I have looked at a friends car and they have auto lights and wipers as standard and their sensor ends in B however the one I’ve bought aftermarket was ending in A. I think this could be the reason mine is being temperament??

Any assistance would be appreciated

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
i got trouble with rain sensor too.i fitted with light switch and worked the rain sensor fine before add with vcds.after light swith work fine but rain sensor work anymore. just interment work.
i tried to follow facelift coding but i have no option for rlhs 5q0955547b coding just 81a 907 658.
any one know the security acces for modul 13 auto dist reg?
thanks