Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Can those who have fitted auto wipers and lights to a facelift please let me know if you have the faults mentioned in the above posts when carrying out a scan after fitting.
Thanks
Jim

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Can those who have fitted auto wipers and lights to a facelift please let me know if you have the faults mentioned in the above posts when carrying out a scan after fitting.
Thanks
Jim

I had 2 error codes when i installed this. One was about the sunlight sensor and the other i can't read with my HEX-USB-NET cable

I managed to clear the sunlight sensor by changing this option to not installed.

channel IDE08786-ENG124476-Assistance light functions-Sunlight Sensor

I think its coded to look for the sensor otherwise

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
I had 2 error codes when i installed this. One was about the sunlight sensor and the other i can't read with my HEX-USB-NET cable

I managed to clear the sunlight sensor by changing this option to not installed.

channel IDE08786-ENG124476-Assistance light functions-Sunlight Sensor

I think its coded to look for the sensor otherwise

Is the Sunlight Sensor part of the humidity sensor and surely the new RLHS should have one as well, so why is it not recognised?

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Hi Jim - no the sunlight sensor is already installed in the car and is not part of the RLHS.
It’s underneath the grill of the centre speaker atop of the dash.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Jim - no the sunlight sensor is already installed in the car and is not part of the RLHS.
It’s underneath the grill of the centre speaker atop of the dash.

Thanks, maybe a daft question but why the error to state it isn’t installed when it hasn’t been removed. If it’s then disabled surely the car’s systems that rely on it will not work properly?

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I’m just speculating but it may be that the RLHS takes over the role of the sunlight sensor.

The error doesn’t say the sunlight sensor is not installed but that there is no communication. Probably because those comms are happening with the RLHS now and not the sunlight sensor.
Don’t forget there is only so much the BCM can do, it won’t be built to handle a scenario that’s invalid, i.e. communicating with BOTH a sunlight sensor and RLHS.

Reactions: Jim45

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Hope the above makes sense.

One part of the car is expecting a value for the strength of the sunlight.
If it receives two values, which will invariable be different from each other, then the module or piece of code receiving those messages is going to throw a wobbly.

Again just making assumptions, if I had another Leon with this installed from factory it would be more definite.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Just gone through the coding although I still have the Chinese Auto light sensor fitted as my SEAT Auto switch has got lost in the Dutch postal system. I have de-activated the sunlight sensor as suggested.and now have one error left which I can clear but comes back on the next scan, any ideas?

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Just gone through the coding although I still have the Chinese Auto light sensor fitted as my SEAT Auto switch has got lost in the Dutch postal system. I have de-activated the sunlight sensor as suggested.and now have one error left which I can clear but comes back on the next scan, any ideas?

I believe this is probably the error i have that i couldn't read. No idea how to fix it though

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Can we test the sunlight sensor, after installing rhls and autolights? I have noticed sometimes my headlights come on when its sunny.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Can we test the sunlight sensor, after installing rhls and autolights? I have noticed sometimes my headlights come on when its sunny.

Did you disable the sunlight sensor when you coded the new parts and do you get the same error as I do (see above)

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Did you disable the sunlight sensor when you coded the new parts and do you get the same error as I do (see above)
Yeah i disabled it, right now i dont get any errors. I think everythin is working fine.

I dont know if the motorway lights are working properly (apparantly the light sensor and speed is combined to control the level of intensity on motorway)

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah i disabled it, right now i dont get any errors. I think everythin is working fine.

I dont know if the motorway lights are working properly (apparantly the light sensor and speed is combined to control the level of intensity on motorway)

I wonder why you haven’t got the air on fault? Never noticed any difference in my lighting intensity on the Motorway since I’ve had the car.

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
I wonder why you haven’t got the air on fault? Never noticed any difference in my lighting intensity on the Motorway since I’ve had the car.
Did u try factory reset on all settings? Then hit Power button on your screen for 10sec to reboot unit

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Did u try factory reset on all settings? Then hit Power button on your screen for 10sec to reboot unit

No, but I’ll try it. It’s driving me nuts, just been for a short run & auto wipers aren’t working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
No, but I’ll try it. It’s driving me nuts, just been for a short run & auto wipers aren’t working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly how it was for me, I changed the home/leaving light time to 10s and my wipers stopped working, so i put it back to 30s and done a full reset, everythin working, however i cant select the time from display, its stuck on 30s.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Exactly how it was for me, I changed the home/leaving light time to 10s and my wipers stopped working, so i put it back to 30s and done a full reset, everythin working, however i cant select the time from display, its stuck on 30s.

Did as you suggested and auto wipers working again, still got the aircon databus error though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members