How do you park your car?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Part of my regular weekly car wash now includes buffing out new scratches I've picked up during the week. I've resorted to getting to the shops an hour before opening, parking the furthest I can from the store and next to inanimate objects.

I don't understand... is Autoglym HD wax magnetic?

2000 parking spaces (1 hour before opening):
9Cb2fxT.jpg

200 spaces (30 minutes before opening)
bKZaoeU.jpg

1500 spaces (1 hour before opening)
5ME4jVM.jpg

100 spaces (30 minutes before opening)
M9pwWpL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben P

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
I always park in the furthest spaces or take my son with me so I can use the Parent and Child spaces.

Saying that, whilst parked on my drive I picked up a nice dent from my neighbour dropping a bike rack on my wing... [:@][:@]:censored:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Dont like to park next to other car.because they dont look how they opened a door.

VAG Familia

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Haha I know how you feel Legojon I've had the same situation a while back went out early to get parked up at the local asda with wife as walking away seen this car pull right up side me so me being me walked back asking the lady why did you park there when there's hundreds of spaces she replied with because I use the car to get my car parked straight......

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
my solution if i dont have the little one with me (to use parent and child spaces) is to just take 2 spaces up...selfish i know but who will foot the dent bill? MOI! i still fold the mirrors in as well when doing this out of habit as there's some clumsy :censored: about

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
my solution if i dont have the little one with me (to use parent and child spaces) is to just take 2 spaces up...selfish i know but who will foot the dent bill? MOI! i still fold the mirrors in as well when doing this out of habit as there's some clumsy :censored: about

Yeah I do exactly the same if there are no other alternatives/larger spaces available.

When I park at the gym there are several very wide spaces so I tend to park in them and as close to the kerb as I can. You still get people ignoring the white lines and parking close to your car though!

I always park as far away as I can in supermarkets but somehow still manage to pick up dings and scratches.

Last edited:

t121anf

May 14, 2004
If I was parking at the times you suggest I'd use 2 spaces, other times prefer a "on the road" type space where other cars can only be in front or behind.

It is odd though that people like to park next to other cars in empty carparks, been happening for years.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I've parked right next to people before in my **** car who park over 2 spaces.. I personally think it's a bit of a **** move, but then I do get it.

I've had so many scratches and dents appear from people who just can't park or don't give a ****.

I tend to try and pick end spaces and park as far over as possible to at least give more room and only leave one side of the car at risk, I'll use parent and child when I have my son (and only then unlike all the other dicks).

In multi-storeys I tend to park right on the very top even if it's empty... and will try and pick the spaces in the middle of nowhere in supermarkets... but generally try and avoid them where possible!

It doesn't seem to matter what you do some **** will still park next to you and/or damage your pride and joy :/

Last edited:

t121anf

May 14, 2004
As a parent, I've observed that parent and child spaces can be damaging, parents are lazy and leave trolleys anywhere, these then get blown about.

Also kids with them carry toys and don't understand your car is not action mans mountain to conquer etc.

I prefer distance to parent and child spaces.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
she replied with because I use the car to get my car parked straight......
:lol: I thought that was an urban legend.

When I park at the gym there are several very wide spaces so I tend to park in them and as close to the kerb as I can. You still get people ignoring the white lines and parking close to your car though!

I usually look for the wide spaces too... until I went swimming once, there was enough space to park a motorbike inside my line. Got back and a Volvo was diagonal across his bay and mine and I couldn't get out!

Parking over two spaces just makes you a target by more than just the person who would park too close, on occasions!

That's my concern also!

If I was parking at the times you suggest I'd use 2 spaces, other times prefer a "on the road" type space where other cars can only be in front or behind.

Not my car ... but a chap at work got back to his car a couple of nights back (parked on the street - his is on the left and was on its own at the start of the day). The guy must have just left it like that all day and there was about 7 feet of space in front of him (or her).
NYO2Zs2.jpg

It doesn't seem to matter what you do some **** will still park next to you and/or damage your pride and joy :/

Yup. Especially when I wax it, I can see the dent some :censored: has put in my door. On average I get about 3 new scratches a week.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Here's another one for the album... see if you can spot me!!
4aCrCgP.jpg

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
I will always park at the back of the car park and I'll always try and have a space either side of me. The spaces are usually filled by the time I get back but theres not much I can do about that

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
When they make me go Into the office I have only 4 spaces I will ever park I , if they’re not available I’ll go home... this is one of them....

83416f624de93177d40001b59e4bddae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob66

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Back of the car park and in the middle of 3 empty spaces minimum or next to the kerb and hunker in hope I don't get the 90 year old with no muscle skills lol

Reactions: JHox

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
I spotted a fellow facelift Leon FR at the very back of a Tesco car park before and parked right next to them :runaway:

I did leave plenty of room and didn't park drivers side mind.

Reactions: kanyewest

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Always try and park in a row away from everything and never next to any other cars if I can help it. Usually this is far away from the shop we need which infuriates my wife. But people still have an uncanny knack of parking next to me which infuriates me.

I have two kids so get the use of the child spaces when they are with me (sometimes I use them late in the evenings too as kids should be in bed) and always take care to get the kids out of the car rather than let themselves out which I think more people should do.

Reactions: kanyewest
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.