Speeding !!!!!!!!

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Hi All,
I know it was stupid and feel totally embarrassed and guilty over this. But Just got done for speeding 108mph on a duel carriageway on my own clear conditions, just went pass a row of lorry’s and briefly gave it some poke and in between them was a unmarked police car. Will I get banned for this as I need my car to get to work due to shift work and no public transport and also for the children on school runs and other normal dad taxi activity

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi All,
I know it was stupid and feel totally embraced and guilty over this. But Just got done for speeding 108mph on a duel carriageway on my own clear conditions, just went pass a row of lorry’s and briefly gave it some poke and in between them was a unmarked police car. Will I get banned for this as I need my car to get to work due to shift work and no public transport and also for the children on school runs and other normal dad taxi activity

If it affects your livelihood you might get off with a shed load of points and a very hefty fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
I guess you’re in band C. Bad luck buddy.

Attachments

• CA78EA15-F2A7-4173-867E-BB6FDBE5CA5E.jpeg
    CA78EA15-F2A7-4173-867E-BB6FDBE5CA5E.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 389

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Not at that speed. If the copper wanted to be kind he / she would of put you as 97mph.

Shitter but what area was it

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Even though you say about shifts a ****** in a wig could easily flip that and say you should know better. I’ve just been caught 74 in a 50 but I was in the bracket of points. Fingers crossed for you bud!

Deleted member 103408

Bit late for you now but the car does come with 3 separate speed warnings (only two are user adjustable) so you can make your car sound like a life support system in overdrive when you go over your pre defined speed limit.

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
You need a good solicitor. I was looking at a ban a while back (57 in a 30, not clever I know) but thanks to a good solicitor I managed to avoid punishment

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
You need a good solicitor. I was looking at a ban a while back (57 in a 30, not clever I know) but thanks to a good solicitor I managed to avoid punishment
What was the cost of your solicitor been quoted nearly £750 to be represented. I know I’ve got to take my medicine but just trying to keep my license and job

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Did he give you notice of intent there and then?? Took 6 weeks for my notice to come through from the NOI. Unfortunately dude your gonna have to suck it up if you ain’t got no evidence etc. Was the copper alright or a ******

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Did he give you notice of intent there and then?? Took 6 weeks for my notice to come through from the NOI. Unfortunately dude your gonna have to suck it up if you ain’t got no evidence etc. Was the copper alright or a ******

Yes gave me notice of intent, yes I know I’ve got to take my medicine and whatever they give me just need to try and keep my license. He was ok but in my opinion tried to exaggerate the road conditions saying it was busy I only went pass 3 lorry’s and a couple of cars. And I also questioned on what distance he measured my average speed because I know it was only for about 20sec that I floored it.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
If my maths is correct (feel free to check). 108mph is equivalent to 0.6 miles in 20 seconds. How long a view did they get of you?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did they sit you in the back and show you the footage? I know from my experience they don't have the dash cams on 100% of the time.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
If my maths is correct (feel free to check). 108mph is equivalent to 0.6 miles in 20 seconds. How long a view did they get of you?

Yes exactly that’s why I questioned over what distance.I had a funny feeling he was a unmarked so I pulled in to 70mph

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.