Carista App

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
Does anyone know if tyre pressure monitoring can be disabled through carista?

And can the ambient lighting be set to a color on the prefacelift models? I'd like mine to always be red but it only goes red when in sports mode. it's white otherwise.

May 26, 2019
Hi guys,
I recently purchased the Leon Fr MK3 and also the Carista OBD adapter. I tried to connect it but it doesn't show up at all. I left wifi and bluetooth settings on (my phone is android). Then I put the adapter on the port and turned the ignition ON without starting the engine. A red light comes up and nothing detected. Any ideas?
Thank you all!

Last edited:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,
I recently purchased the Leon Fr MK3 and also the Carista OBD adapter. I tried to connect it but it doesn't show up at all. I left wifi and bluetooth settings on (my phone is android). Then I put the adapter on the port and turned the ignition ON without starting the engine. A red light comes up and nothing detected. Any ideas?
Thank you all!

I can only speak from experience using an iPhone.

You don't actually 'connect' to the OBD dongle via your handset, you launch Carista, then click on Diagnose/Customize/Service (which ever one you need), and it just automatically searches and connects and then spends a few minutes gathering info.

This should all be displayed to you via the app as a percentage to when its complete. Customization on my car takes a good 2-3 mins to load :)

JCM27

Apr 15, 2019
Anyway to disengage cruise control via clutch with Carista? At the minute the only way to disengage cruise control is by tapping the brakes or the stock.

May 26, 2019
I can only speak from experience using an iPhone.

You don't actually 'connect' to the OBD dongle via your handset, you launch Carista, then click on Diagnose/Customize/Service (which ever one you need), and it just automatically searches and connects and then spends a few minutes gathering info.

This should all be displayed to you via the app as a percentage to when its complete. Customization on my car takes a good 2-3 mins to load :)

Hi bgb,
Thank you for your reply!
I did that and it still doesn't work :\ I got these screenshots..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190613-130939.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613-130939.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20190613-131007.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613-131007.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20190613-130914.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613-130914.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 114

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi bgb,
Thank you for your reply!
I did that and it still doesn't work :\ I got these screenshots..

Have you switched the ignition on as in one click of key or push of start button without foot on brake? Don't start the engine.

Is that list of bluetooth devices only appearing when you are in the car? Maybe click one, see if it connects? The device should be flickering blue/red if inserted within the port correctly.

Lastly, maybe turn off your cars bluetooth used for wireless phone interface, and don't have it plugged in via USB.

Other then that, I'm out of answers, sorry!

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
I setup Carista beta on an android phone,

I know have a iPhone, can I continue to use same beta on iPhone using same account ?

May 26, 2019
Have you switched the ignition on as in one click of key or push of start button without foot on brake? Don't start the engine.

Is that list of bluetooth devices only appearing when you are in the car? Maybe click one, see if it connects? The device should be flickering blue/red if inserted within the port correctly.

Lastly, maybe turn off your cars bluetooth used for wireless phone interface, and don't have it plugged in via USB.

Other then that, I'm out of answers, sorry!

Hi bgb,
So quick update on what happened to me. I contacted Carista costumer service and had to send them a report of my error trough the app. Then they replied to me saying that I had a faulty OBD dongle. They sent me another one, received yesterday but only had the chance to try it this morning and everything is working now!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi bgb,
So quick update on what happened to me. I contacted Carista costumer service and had to send them a report of my error trough the app. Then they replied to me saying that I had a faulty OBD dongle. They sent me another one, received yesterday but only had the chance to try it this morning and everything is working now!

Good result!

Reactions: harty190486

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Still cannot find the Soundaktor anywhere on Carista.
I’ve tried several times now, but no joy.
I’m just using the basic Carista, so possibly I might need to upgrade.
Any suggestions?
It has worked for mirror fold and number of flashes from indicators.

ParadoxB

May 28, 2019
Hi,

Can anybody confirm if with the single click mirror folding, it affects the long press to open the windows? I use that a lot having a black car, really helps get the hour air out (obviously I am talking about last year ) as you walk up to it. Also does the single click shut the windows to if they are open?

Thx in advance and sorry of I missed it already. I have looked through most of the posts on this thread.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Still cannot find the Soundaktor anywhere on Carista.
I’ve tried several times now, but no joy.
I’m just using the basic Carista, so possibly I might need to upgrade.
Any suggestions?
It has worked for mirror fold and number of flashes from indicators.
Its under 'OTHER' in the customisation menu. On mine its about the 3rd option down I think. You do have to subscribe, or use the free trial/beta to change it, but its there in the list even if you dont.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Hi,

Can anybody confirm if with the single click mirror folding, it affects the long press to open the windows? I use that a lot having a black car, really helps get the hour air out (obviously I am talking about last year ) as you walk up to it. Also does the single click shut the windows to if they are open?

Thx in advance and sorry of I missed it already. I have looked through most of the posts on this thread.

Cheers

Single press mirrors just do mirrors. Windows will still work the same as before. Long press to open long press to close.

Reactions: Oddmanout

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
Hi,

Cheers

Interesting thought - I don't know but I'd like to know the answer now!

I will say 1 click mirrors is much better and I can't see it affecting the 'all close' function of a long hold since Carista specifically only refers to the mirrors.

Edit: someone beat me with the answer above. Good to know.

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Many thanks ChrisM75.
Tried again this morning, but still no success.
Can’t see anything about Soundaktor on ‘Other’ and looked in the other options too.
I’m near the end of the free trial and I won’t be paying to extend it.
I’ve just physically disconnected the Soundaktor. A bit of a pain, literally on the back of my right hand.
I’ll reconnect it when I sell/trade in the car next year.
I am pleased with the two changes I’ve made.
You don’t get much for £15 nowadays, so I feel the Carista is worth it.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@Cuprobbie did you disconnect before or after connecting Carista? When Carista searches and you've already disconnected, it wont register the module being 'live' i would guess?

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
When I was searching on my iPad with the Carista in place and ignition on, the Soundaktor was connected.
I’m guessing I’ve done something wrong as I’m not very confident in my own abilities!
However, I wasn’t really intending turning the fake sound down, just off completely which has obviously been achieved by physical disconnection.
I think it’ll be a 5 minute job to reconnect it when required.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.