SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

ksuuk

Aug 19, 2016
What is the latest/most stable version for MIB2?
I currently have mirror link and of course I don't want to lose it.
Part no. 5QA035858A
Hardware: H30
Software 0359

Thanks

According to the picture - https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=125535&start=105 the latest software vesion is 0368.

Edit: Despite of having device with same part and hardware number as the above given URL shows, local (Estonia) dealer didn't find (current is 0359) newer software, so the version 0368 may me location related update only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clodius

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Hi all I have
5QA035858A
Hardware H30
Software 0351
Media codec is 3101 0 0 8

This morning when I started the car the USB port by the gear selector no longer does anything, telephone button produces an error saying "telephone currently unavailable" and Nav button produces an error saying "function not supported" even though I've never touched the SD card with the map data on it. Is there a software update or reset I can do to fix this? I've tried the long press on the power button and factory settings in the menu but had no success.

ksuuk

Aug 19, 2016
Hi all I have
5QA035858A
Hardware H30
Software 0351
Media codec is 3101 0 0 8

This morning when I started the car the USB port by the gear selector no longer does anything, telephone button produces an error saying "telephone currently unavailable" and Nav button produces an error saying "function not supported" even though I've never touched the SD card with the map data on it. Is there a software update or reset I can do to fix this? I've tried the long press on the power button and factory settings in the menu but had no success.

Remove the SD card(s) and try again.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anyone managed to update the MIB2 unit to the software being used on the latest cars?

On my MY2018, when I change the colours of the door light strips, it also changes a small section on the VC, but nothing else.

On the latest MY2019 cars it also appears to change the colour that edges the buttons on the main 8” screen.

So for mine, Nav has blue edged buttons, vehicle yellow, music/radio red etc. Now on the later cars the buttons are all the colour you set the door strips to.

Tell

Staff member
Has anyone managed to update the MIB2 unit to the software being used on the latest cars?

On my MY2018, when I change the colours of the door light strips, it also changes a small section on the VC, but nothing else.

On the latest MY2019 cars it also appears to change the colour that edges the buttons on the main 8” screen.

So for mine, Nav has blue edged buttons, vehicle yellow, music/radio red etc. Now on the later cars the buttons are all the colour you set the door strips to.

Sure it's identical hardware in those models between years. The H bit serial number. I was pleased / surprised when I got my Ateca plus unit turned into a retrofit via retrofit software to bypass mapcare, getting the highlight colours keyed into the door lights, but bog standard buttons on the unit which wouldn't light in any case, not part of the screen. The unit became a MY19.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

Our MY19 units have a firmware issue that doesn't allow POI updates so not sure updating to our SW version is a good idea, unless it can be done without updating firmware to match.

Reactions: Tell

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Our MY19 units have a firmware issue that doesn't allow POI updates so not sure updating to our SW version is a good idea, unless it can be done without updating firmware to match.
Ooooo thats a good shout, I have the POI all setup with Speed Cameras etc. So no word of whether this is fixed for MY2020?

Tell

Staff member
Ooooo thats a good shout, I have the POI all setup with Speed Cameras etc. So no word of whether this is fixed for MY2020?

Not fixed, came up in conversation on the big navigation thread.

Post 1846 on:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-93

The Spanish thread that identified the issue confirms it isn't fixed on the standard My 20 units with wifi. I edited in to post 69 of the Poinspector thread, the test is there

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/page-4

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not fixed, came up in conversation on the big navigation thread.

Post 1846 on:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-93

The Spanish thread that identified the issue confirms it isn't fixed on the standard My 20 units with wifi. I edited in to post 69 of the Poinspector thread, the test is there

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/page-4
Just had a look at those threads, so as my car currently is able to import the POI's, are we saying that updating the software will be fine. The way it reads is to suggest is the hardware not the software?

Tell

Staff member
Just had a look at those threads, so as my car currently is able to import the POI's, are we saying that updating the software will be fine. The way it reads is to suggest is the hardware not the software?

Well not if it has the hardware serial number. It's the hardware and firmware combination of My19 and My20. Until they change the firmware release and then if they fix it. The issue is with the Wi-Fi standard unit and firmware. All other standard units are fine.

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
We're not if it has the hardware serial number. It's the hardware and firmware combination of My19 and My20. Until they change the firmware release and then if they fix it. The issue is with the Wi-Fi standard unit and firmware.
I'll check the hardware number tonight, but it doesn't have Wifi.

Tell

Staff member
I'll check the hardware number tonight, but it doesn't have Wifi.

Then if it doesn't have Wi-Fi it will be fine but I know nothing of firmware updates.... never personally done them and the ones available I think fall off the back of lorries rather than in the public domain. They get picked up and published. Think I'd be happy not to have the buttons illuminate in a colour than risk a firmware update going wrong. Angels and fools etc. Map updates and Pois don't have the risk. See what others say since the user POI issue with the standard wifi unit can only be fixed with a firmware update when and if they fix, so someone will try it out if they get hold of it.

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Then if it doesn't have Wi-Fi it will be fine but I know nothing of firmware updates.... never personally done them and the ones available I think fall off the back of lorries rather than in the public domain. They get picked up and published. Think I'd be happy not to have the buttons illuminate in a colour than risk a firmware update going wrong. Angels and fools etc. Map updates and Pois don't have the risk. See what others say since the user POI issue with the standard wifi unit can only be fixed with a firmware update when and if they fix, so someone will try it out if they get hold of it.
Stupid question, but what is the point of the WiFi feature we have that messes up the POI updates? Seems like it just acts as a hotspot using your mobile for data which your mobile can do anyway?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Stupid question, but what is the point of the WiFi feature we have that messes up the POI updates? Seems like it just acts as a hotspot using your mobile for data which your mobile can do anyway?
From my point of view it would be handy for in the car.

Daughters iPad would just connect to the Wifi as the hotspot automatically, then whoever is drivings phone would be connected (me or the wife).

Where at the moment, we have to turn the hot spot on first etc.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
It's so you can use Seat apps but if you aren't planning to... you get Alexa. Don't bother with it myself.
Didn't know this was a thing. I've downloaded the app to give it a try. Probably use once and delete it.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Okay finally got around to getting firmware info etc....
528D4133-5675-4D7E-8FA0-D42F004B2F1D.jpeg

What are the MY2019 cars running?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.