MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Car close to being replaced and having to comply with WLTP testing for every spec combination likely meant them needing to seriously cut down the options list. Especially when RHD tested cars sell in two countries only, whereas the rest of Europe is LHD.

Pistol Pete

Aug 10, 2018
New to the forum!

My Cupra 290 from the Zen deal back in November is finally booked for delivery on 11th June. It had been slated for delivery on 4th April but due to Covid-19 it's been sitting gathering dust somewhere in Peterborough! My previous Cupra 300 lease went back a couple of weeks ago and given the delays Zen arranged a courtesy car which was pretty good of them. A diesel VW Passat is not exactly what I was expecting but beggars can't be choosers! Can't wait to hand back this hearse and get back in a Cupra!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 14.17.02.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 14.17.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 14.17.02.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 101

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Just talked to dealer. Car is on production line this week. Gave me the option to cancel. Not sure what to do.
Depends how much you need a car soon and if it was a good deal IMO. In production now means you're likely looking at 6-8 weeks or so until it's at the dealers.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Insurance doesn’t seem to come up too cheap on these, been on the main comparison sites all around £500. Anyone found anything reasonable direct through an insurance company?

My 300 bhp modified vx220 is only £350 a year so this seems steep.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Insurance doesn’t seem to come up too cheap on these, been on the main comparison sites all around £500. Anyone found anything reasonable direct through an insurance company?

Just to upset you......
I'm paying around 300 for my Cupra ST AND my TVR Griffith 500 . I am 'ancient' with lots of grey hair and an advanced driver though......
Good hunting!!!

Gooday

Aug 15, 2001
Colchester, Essex
Visit site

My car is due to be delivered tomorrow, I have used Sainsburys Insurance is under 400 with a low excess. But I am over 40....

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Not today, but a year ago: My Cupra R ST was delivered at the dealer, being the first in the Netherlands. It was the end of a long wait since the introduction at the Geneva Motor Show in February 2018. That was the moment I decided this was the car I wanted, after a long time search for a Cupra Carbon Edition (that was never imported in the Netherlands). From the introduction till the moment it was possible to order took another 14 months (with almost weekly contact with my favorite dealer, thank you Paul for all your info and enthousiasm!) but than within an hour the deal was done! Nine weeks after that: the big moment, happy me!

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Reactions: Minibbullet

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
My car is due to be delivered tomorrow, I have used Sainsburys Insurance is under 400 with a low excess. But I am over 40....
And I'm not too far off twice your age....... Enjoy your new arrival.
I'm enjoying mine so much the TVR rarely gets out of the garage!!!

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Managed to get a better price of around £420 for the year through Chris Knott insurance, quite happy with that.

Nov 28, 2019
Its more there to protect the driver whilst they get used to it than the engine
Managed to get a better price of around £420 for the year through Chris Knott insurance, quite happy with that.
Thats pretty good - mines just a shade under £500 with 15k miles a year.

Like you I'm paying a lot less for something far more fruity & with track cover! Guess these have fairly high theft risk in comparison.

snodge

Jan 21, 2020
Apparently my new Cupra ST 300 is at UK port. Under normal circumstances, how long would it take to be ready for delivery? I appreciate the timescale will be impacted by the current situation.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.