Accidentally formatted SD card containing Sat Nav data

Jul 30, 2020
Hi there - this is my first time on these forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Essentially I've had a few issues with my phone not connecting to my Bluetooth in the vehicle recently, and whilst messing around with some settings it appears I have accidentally formatted the SD card containing the Satnav data, and I can't work out how to get this back. I'm UK based, if that makes a difference!
Any help or pointers would be appreciated before I give in and take it to the dealership.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Tell Your're our resident expert, any suggestions from a new copy point of view?

@Ekimen By the sounds of it you've formatted it using the car itself. There maybe a chance putting it in a PC maybe able to unformat it, or if its at least an MIB2 unit, retrieve the file needed to use to update to the latest map set.

Was the slider not set to Locked?

Tell

Staff member
Stone to sit on if mib2 standard, that's if 6P on descriptor follow link

If you got the card you need version 1 for the overall.nds file. Then latest maps still 1430. It's all there. Beware of Mac issues covered.

We go back to the first overall.nds file released for Seat mib2 standard since its a catch all other than that you needlessly search for the exact match of the release SD in libraries. So two downloads the Skoda 1 for v1 of the Seat card. Then 1430 off the VW site for the Nov 2019 release. Rumour Sept for the delayed June release.

BTW You shouldn't be able to delete items off the card within the infotainment unit so it must have been put into a PC or Mac ?.

If the card says 6P on it in the red bar in small print its a Mib2 standard so instruction as above.

5F it's a Mib1 standard not the instructions above... find someone with the same card and take a copy or buy one.

Before doing either I'd suggest a long press on the volume control till it reboots then put the card in. Turn off / turn back on again so it reads the card.

You might always have a corrupted card due to heat etc if it never saw a PC or Mac and went wrong.

Obviously only works with the navigation card in.

High units you can mess up but only from the back end developers menu that you wouldn't normally have access to... unless it is a mib1. May be possible with a standard mib1 to fiddle in the backend menus.

So first one needs to know whether it's a mib 1 or 2 standard based on card serial number. Those leading letters. Put a forced reboot in, then action the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Stone to sit on if mib2 standard, that's if 6P on descriptor follow link

If you got the card you need version 1 for the overall.nds file. Then latest maps still 1430. It's all there. Beware of Mac issues covered.

We go back to the first overall.nds file released for Seat mib2 standard since its a catch all other than that you needlessly search for the exact match of the release SD in libraries. So two downloads the Skoda 1 for v1 of the Seat card. Then 1430 off the VW site for the Nov 2019 release. Rumour Sept for the delayed June release.

BTW You shouldn't be able to delete items off the card within the infotainment unit so it must have been put into a PC or Mac ?.

If the card says 6P on it in the red bar in small print its a Mib2 standard so instruction as above.

5F it's a Mib1 standard not the instructions above... find someone with the same card and take a copy or buy one.

Before doing either I'd suggest a long press on the volume control till it reboots then put the card in. Turn off / turn back on again so it reads the card.

You might always have a corrupted card due to heat etc if it never saw a PC or Mac and went wrong.

Obviously only works with the navigation card in.

High units you can mess up but only from the back end developers menu that you wouldn't normally have access to... unless it is a mib1. May be possible with a standard mib1 to fiddle in the backend menus.

So first one needs to know whether it's a mib 1 or 2 standard based on card serial number. Those leading letters. Put a forced reboot in, then action the rest.
1596130640370.gif

Reactions: Charliessmith

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi there - this is my first time on these forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Essentially I've had a few issues with my phone not connecting to my Bluetooth in the vehicle recently, and whilst messing around with some settings it appears I have accidentally formatted the SD card containing the Satnav data, and I can't work out how to get this back. I'm UK based, if that makes a difference!
Any help or pointers would be appreciated before I give in and take it to the dealership.

Hi and welcome. Looks like the team have helped you out.

Yes this is not in the right forum but I can move it for you. What car model do you have?

Thanks,

Scott

Reactions: Tell and Damo H
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.