what have you done to your car today ?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
So far today has been scouring oemepc looking for a part number and failing.

Great thing building a parts bin special right up till there's a part you need that isn't listed 😩

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Im looking back at yesterday's events on my car and although the pipe blowing off pissed me off im starting to think it was the door lock failure that made me want to take a match to the car. Yes, i really wasn't happy with it yesterday.
I also understand that i wasnt happy with the pipe fitment and shouldn't have driven it. No harm done though.
If i don't get any luck from the seller, its going in the bin. Im not into throwing money away but ive spent a lot more and got a lot less and its lesson learned.

Ive modded a few different cars over the years and learnt that if something doesn't work from the start, messing around with it is just wasting time. And in the Leons defense, most mods ive tried work 🙂

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Im looking back at yesterday's events on my car and although the pipe blowing off pissed me off im starting to think it was the door lock failure that made me want to take a match to the car. Yes, i really wasn't happy with it yesterday.
I also understand that i wasnt happy with the pipe fitment and shouldn't have driven it. No harm done though.
If i don't get any luck from the seller, its going in the bin. Im not into throwing money away but ive spent a lot more and got a lot less and its lesson learned.

Ive modded a few different cars over the years and learnt that if something doesn't work from the start, messing around with it is just wasting time. And in the Leons defense, most mods ive tried work

Sometimes it’s the small things mate. I’ve still got one locking wheel nut I can’t shift. Makes my blood boil every time I look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent

Ive modded a few different cars over the years and learnt that if something doesn't work from the start, messing around with it is just wasting time. And in the Leons defense, most mods ive tried work

Surely if it was bought new you can get your money back through ebay / PayPal anyway?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Sometimes it’s the small things mate. I’ve still got one locking wheel nut I can’t shift. Makes my blood boil every time I look at it

Old 1/2" extension bar smashed into the splines, some need a little tickle with a sander to fit.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I tried mate. Think I need to grind a bit off

Dont judge me on this but.......

I was struggling to get a knackered locking bolt out of a car a few years ago.
I think after many Google's someone reccomended undoing the remaining wheel bolts till loose. Then drive the car in circles to put weight on the affected wheel/side. It stretches the remaining wheel bolt shaft causing it to loosen.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Dont judge me on this but.......

I was struggling to get a knackered locking bolt out of a car a few years ago.
I think after many Google's someone reccomended undoing the remaining wheel bolts till loose. Then drive the car in circles to put weight on the affected wheel/side. It stretches the remaining wheel bolt shaft causing it to loosen.

Knowing my luck I can see exactly how this will go....

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Knowing my luck I can see exactly how this will go....

In my case it was a 4 year old customers car. So went for plan B. Which was spending most of a day drilling it out and charging £50+ the dreaded for the privilege!

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I want a house, flat drive, garage and money ......I have a house to be fair but hate it , I have a drive on a slope, I have a garage - car fits in but no room to work, I dont have money.

I need a map/re-map ASAP, I need a downpipe before a re-map/map, I need to refurbish my pink calipers, I need the whole car painting/wrapped....Im 57 , probably be dead if I do any of these things......

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ive got a house, well the bank has. No garage and no drive way 😁.
Already sorted my pink callipers and booked in for a 3in downpipe on the 13th of march. Need a remap and a paintjob. No money.Im 46 😄

Last edited:

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
If you've got a security wheel nut and no key, you can get special rattle gun sockets that have an anticlockwise internal thread.
These chew their way over the wretched thing until the bolt gives up and winds off. I don't know if you can reuse them though.
Ebay should have lots chinesium ones that might be useless.

Attachments

• security nut remover.jpg
    security nut remover.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 47

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Like these which are basically bigger versions of the Irwin bolt extractors I own.

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020

If you cant get a refund have a go at adjusting it.

When I fitted my front mount kit (bought 2nd hand) I was blowing off one of the pipes every time I hit full boost. Was driving me mad.
I had to chop an inch off a metal pipe and it's been fine ever since...and well tested.

If anything fits straight on and goes to plan with this car it's a bonus!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Connor H

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Like these which are basically bigger versions of the Irwin bolt extractors I own.

Well the 1/2 drive plan just stripped the inside of the bolt

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Resoldered the key fob button, I can now lock the car without breaking my fingers trying to push the button with one hundredweight of force.

Still the failed lock module on the passenger door to do, sigh.
Still the failed lock module on the drivers door, (random windows winding down in the middle of the night) to do, double sigh.

Is VW's designer of these infernal locks still alive?
If so, why?:devilish:

Reactions: Rich.T and Sl1ced

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
If you are designing car locks, please be aware that thieves have easy access, to a special tool to get round them.

It's called a rock.

Unless the design brief is to make owners lives an expensive hassle.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Ordered a 2 piece stud removal set off eBay. Basically 2 sockets with reversed threads as suggested above

Reactions: Rich.T
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise