what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Got me confused now.
How is a jubilee clip measured?

If i were to get piece of string and wrap it once around the pipe so the ends touched, itd need to be a 275mm piece of string.

I thought that's how jubilee clips were sold. If laid out itd need to be at leat 275mm?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Got me confused now.

If i were to get piece of string and wrap it once around the pipe so the ends touched, itd need to be a 275mm piece of string.

I thought that's how jubilee clips were sold. If laid out itd need to be at leat 275mm?
Got me confused now.

You are thinking of circumference you need diameter, measure edge to edge .

For example https://www.plasticpipeshop.co.uk/How-to-Measure-Pipe-Dimensions_b_36.html

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ah, that explains a lot 👍
If i get a chance, im going to pop out later and measure it.

What an idiot lol

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Lol that made for a good read!!!

Anyone got a rocker cover knocking about but I wanna paint one before I do my gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
In other news gravity performance on ebay are giving me a refund for the poor fitting pipe. Wanted pix of it fitted and proof of car. So refitted it today ala worn jubilee clip.
And took the shots they wanted.
Going to post it back this week sometime.

Just a heads up for the future. My N/S/F door wont open all of a sudden. So will need to find out how to break in/out

Cheers the good people of SCN 😁

Reactions: Yellow fr

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
In other news gravity performance on ebay are giving me a refund for the poor fitting pipe. Wanted pix of it fitted and proof of car. So refitted it today ala worn jubilee clip.
And took the shots they wanted.
Going to post it back this week sometime.

Just a heads up for the future. My N/S/F door wont open all of a sudden. So will need to find out how to break in/out

Cheers the good people of SCN
Good stuff, I did think you'd get the pipe sorted.
In regards of the door lock, hit the outer handle with the palm of your hand whilst repeatedly pressing the remote fob.
The locks usually fail due to dry or broken solder joint on the microswitch so the vibration caused by thumping the area can be enough to momentarily make a connection to engage the solenoid and releasing the latch.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Nice one Thai

Yeh, i did notice that getting the door card etc off with the door shut is easier sead than done. Will give it a go when ive got the new catch in my hand.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Nice one Thai

Yeh, i did notice that getting the door card etc off with the door shut is easier sead than done. Will give it a go when ive got the new catch in my hand.

The best way is to remove the front seat you can get to all the screws the hard part is when it comes to removing the door card it’s like a good hard tug on the door pocket but not to hard or try to get your fingers in between the edge off the door card and the door bye the door pocket then go round the rest off the door card then try to unhook all the wires from the door card and the door release the cable form the handle then lift the back off the door card up at a angle so you can get the front away from the glove box and remove it from the door then drop the door window so you loosen the two bolts holding the glass to the mech and pull the window back up to the top tape it in place then remove all the 10mm bolts holding the metal plate to the door then get a towel and put it on the plastic trim on the door sill just to help on not scratching it with the window mech as your getting the plate out from the door as it’s a bit tricky with the door shut
Once the plate is off have a cuppa and cool down lol
Then find a hammer and a bar or long screwdriver and set about trying to separate the lock so you can open the door
I had a customers car come in with the same problem but he did not rebuild the door back correctly and broke the big part off the lock mech so it moved towards the door skins side to side so if I pushed it towards the outside off the door it would let you open the door
Once door is open I’m sure you know the rest
Good luck

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
The best way is to remove the front seat you can get to all the screws the hard part is when it comes to removing the door card it’s like a good hard tug on the door pocket but not to hard or try to get your fingers in between the edge off the door card and the door bye the door pocket then go round the rest off the door card then try to unhook all the wires from the door card and the door release the cable form the handle then lift the back off the door card up at a angle so you can get the front away from the glove box and remove it from the door then drop the door window so you loosen the two bolts holding the glass to the mech and pull the window back up to the top tape it in place then remove all the 10mm bolts holding the metal plate to the door then get a towel and put it on the plastic trim on the door sill just to help on not scratching it with the window mech as your getting the plate out from the door as it’s a bit tricky with the door shut
Then find a hammer and a bar or long screwdriver and set about trying to separate the lock so you can open the door
I had a customers car come in with the same problem but he did not rebuild the door back correctly and broke the big part off the lock mech so it moved towards the door skins side to side so if I pushed it towards the outside off the door it would let you open the door
Good luck

Holy ****. That’s a long process

Reactions: Yellow fr

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Good luck

Reading all that. I think its worth the 150+ mile drive to your workshop and pay you to do it 😞

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.