Things I have discovered about the car.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Is there an engine sound setting? Not sure if that is fake sound generator or valves. Depends if there is a separate sound actuator setting.

In Individual mode you can select the Soundaktor mode you want.

Ive just coded mine to 0% volume so no matter what mode I’m in I only hear the true engine not any fake engine noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
In Individual mode you can select the Soundaktor mode you want.

Ive just coded mine to 0% volume so no matter what mode I’m in I only hear the true engine not any fake engine noise.

How complicated was the coding out?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just been playing around with the engine sound again on individual mode and from a cold start it does sound like if you put 'engine- cupra the valves do open'?

Reactions: jcbmally

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
In another thread we have been talking about the virtual tailgate sensor..

Just been playing with the sensor now it has just worked for me left of centre, dead centre and right of sensor 🙂. Quite impressed actually as I thought it was one specific spot but if it detects the motion across a wide range that's a bonus.

Also something I discovered this morning is that in Eco mode ( ha I know don't kill me, I've set it up for when have baby in the car) when you take your foot off the throttle the 'eco' icon comes up on the dash and it looks like the engine pretty much goes to idle at around 800rpm.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
For those of you like me who have been pinching in and out for zoom on navigation ( like the old set up) you can use the volume slide bar to zoom in and out by using 2 fingers while being on the navigation screen.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
What are peoples opinions on manual gear change using the paddles?. I feel that the gear changes have become more responsive as it's bedded in. Now on 565 miles and they seem sharper. The gear change with the most lag seems to be 1st to 2nd anyone else agree? The rest of the gear changes seem to be coming pretty instantaneous now though. Still waiting to push the car to its ability. Moving up the rev range now, in cupra mode on the paddles I often hit 4k rpm then I change. Looking forward to using 'S' mode on the gear selector and launching the thing trying my hardest to get mat Watson's 4.31 launch time.

Also looking forward to using the cars exhaust note a bit more with the burbles and pops 🙂

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Also looking forward to using the cars exhaust note a bit more with the burbles and pops

Unfortunately with the Soundaktor is tasked youll mainly be getting “false” engines sound in the cabin.

To truly hear the engine the Soundaktor needs to be either disconnected or turned down to zero.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Unfortunately with the Soundaktor is tasked youll mainly be getting “false” engines sound in the cabin.

To truly hear the engine the Soundaktor needs to be either disconnected or turned down to zero.

I appreciate that. I'm more thinking the external poops and bangs for the pedestrians and school kids I teach ha

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
What are peoples opinions on manual gear change using the paddles?. I feel that the gear changes have become more responsive as it's bedded in. Now on 565 miles and they seem sharper. The gear change with the most lag seems to be 1st to 2nd anyone else agree? The rest of the gear changes seem to be coming pretty instantaneous now though. Still waiting to push the car to its ability. Moving up the rev range now, in cupra mode on the paddles I often hit 4k rpm then I change. Looking forward to using 'S' mode on the gear selector and launching the thing trying my hardest to get mat Watson's 4.31 launch time.

Also looking forward to using the cars exhaust note a bit more with the burbles and pops 🙂
Car got more swift and awake, gearbox too. Car feels more 'efortless' accelerating and entering into well illegal speeds. Made a quick romp up to 180Km/Hr on highway just before wife gives me a severe look.

Reactions: Peyton

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)

Disabled the Subi boxer sound mode and love it!. Definitely, CUPRA needs to surface the adjustment on driving profiles or whatever they fit.

Attachments

• borne_sound_adapt_0percent.png
    borne_sound_adapt_0percent.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 167

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You’ll want to hear the sounds yourself. It’s soooooooooooo satisfying and puts a big smile on your face

Do you get them in individual mode if you have the engine on cupra and the engine noise in comfort? I was toying the other day and I didn't think the valves opened but then tried it again and sounded like they did.?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Car got more swift and awake, gearbox too. Car feels more 'efortless' accelerating and entering into well illegal speeds. Made a quick romp up to 180Km/Hr on highway just before wife gives me a severe look.
Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Yeah it's a bit worrying how easy it is to be above the speed limit and how quick you get therem I was dead good with my Leon sticking to the speed limit 95% of the time, now I'm just dropping a gear and doing punching above the speed limit ( not massively) I often look down and am surprised to see the figure that it is showing. But then I think about how o git there ( being pushed back in the seat and my head being pushed into the head rest) I'm not surprised ha

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You’ll want to hear the sounds yourself. It’s soooooooooooo satisfying and puts a big smile on your face

I do love the turbo whistle though even in cupra mode with the fake noise it is easy to hear and even better with the windows down a touch.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
With a 0-60 time with launch control of approx 4.7 seconds it doesn’t take long to go from 60-120.

If I accelerated hard in my My Leon Cupra I was well over the speed limit before I knew it. The Formentor is going to be the same.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Had to adjust the front assist to be a bit more relaxed as a couple of occasions I have had an audible and visual warning when car in front has been turning I have had loads of room to go by but the car thinks I'm about to crash. Good safety feature and I'm used to it from my leon but a bit cautious in the standard factory setting in my opinion.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Had to adjust the front assist to be a bit more relaxed as a couple of occasions I have had an audible and visual warning when car in front has been turning I have had loads of room to go by but the car thinks I'm about to crash. Good safety feature and I'm used to it from my leon but a bit cautious in the standard factory setting in my opinion.
Where is the adjustment for the front assist?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just found out you can go into the settings and change your tachometer from mph to kmh if you wish. I was looking to see if you could change the speed parameters as I'm sure some of you would agree in the UK having 20,40,60,80 mph isn't the most useful. Thankfully though there is the red arrow that shows at the speed limit, although I've mainly used the rev tachometer with the digital speed in the middle.