Roof bars

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
So, looking at all these bars, am I understanding correctly that Seat one and cheapest Thule one doesn't support accessories fixed using t-slots?

I don't have experience with roof accessories.
Me too. Bit confused about what I need to buy. I just wants to use it for transporting a couple of kids bikes

Apr 9, 2021
C6131878-1F61-4933-BEA8-00586CFFBF10.jpeg

Thule!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
So, are these Thule roof bars universal, for different car models or specific one? I have to do some more reading on it. If they are universal, then I will look for them on Ebay.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Think I’ll be opting for these now I’ve got my head around what’s needed.

I think you can get the Evo 118 wing bars for about £85 if you search online and Halfords do the Evo raised rails for £88

Reactions: CupraPoopra

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
I think you can get the Evo 118 wing bars for about £85 if you search online and Halfords do the Evo raised rails for £88
Yeh seems to be best buying from separate sites. There’s also a fair few knocking about second hand online.

Reactions: IanH72

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Can confirm the Thule Evo Raised Rails pack 7104 fit perfectly. Got mine from ebay this week. They also fit with the older Thule Aero bars which I've had since 2007 on a variety of different cars. These bars also have the removable rubber strip in the top which you take out to then slide in the bike carrier(s). These are standard fitment T section and you can get them cheaply and fit 1 to 4 on the roof. I've had these cheap Halfords ones for years and they're OK https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...cks/halfords-roof-mount-bike-rack-635780.html
Hope that helps.

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Hi all, sorry to hijack an old thread. if I'm looking for bars to fit the footpack, what width am I looking at? I'm hunting on ebay but want to make sure I have the right width

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Hi all, sorry to hijack an old thread. if I'm looking for bars to fit the footpack, what width am I looking at? I'm hunting on ebay but want to make sure I have the right width
Do you have the Thule "Raised Rail" footpack? And by width, do you mean across the car? The bars are all the same length from Thule, all that varies is the profile. Look here https://www.thule.com/en-gb/roof-rack/car-roof-racks and you'll see all the options. They all use the Raised Rail footpack.

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
So I'm in the process of getting hold of a Thule 757 footpack, yet need the bars, I thought the 118 etc was the width across?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
So I'm in the process of getting hold of a Thule 757 footpack, yet need the bars, I thought the 118 etc was the width across?
The link I sent last reply shows all the Thule options. Pich the one that suits you - but I'd advise against the square bars as they're very noisy if left on.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Do you have the Thule "Raised Rail" footpack? And by width, do you mean across the car? The bars are all the same length from Thule, all that varies is the profile. Look here https://www.thule.com/en-gb/roof-rack/car-roof-racks and you'll see all the options. They all use the Raised Rail

The link I sent last reply shows all the Thule options. Pich the one that suits you - but I'd advise against the square bars as they're very noisy if left on.
Beware, Thule roof bars do vary. It's not so much the length per se, but the length of the cut out underneath. This will limit how close your roof clamps can be, with the Formentor the rails taper in towards the rear. I tried to use different Thule bars and wasn't able to get the rear clamps close enough, although the front one was fine! You definitely need the 118s, here's the correct Thule link: https://www.thule.com/en-gb/buyers-guide?c=roof+racks&q=LkfGCwjDH

Reactions: jackliebling

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Haha right, I've ignored everyone and gone for a punt on these :geek::geek::geek:

I thought as a trial lets see, this will be used very infrequently so not keen spending 100-200 quid on some!

Will feed back when they arrive
Tbh I got mine secondhand from eBay 😉

JAR46

Jun 24, 2021
Wish I’d found this forum/thread a few weeks ago. I’ve been in the process of buying a roof rack and box ( due to the boot not having enough space when going on holiday).

Can confirm the Thule 118cm bars and 7104 foot pack fit perfectly.
If anyone is also after a roof box the Thule XT motion in medium is also a good fit. No front over hang and allows the boot to fully open. Also has a cut out for the roof antenna. Height with bars and box is approximately 198cm (I’ve given myself an additional 5cm on top of that for piece of mind when entering a car park).

It’s been mentioned in the thread that the roof limit is 75KG. I was under the impression that it’s 50kg. Is anyone able to confirm the max weight limit please.

PS really enjoying the Formentor. I seem to find new features on a daily basis 😃

Reactions: Nickfurnell

Renzo

Jun 16, 2021
Wish I’d found this forum/thread a few weeks ago. I’ve been in the process of buying a roof rack and box ( due to the boot not having enough space when going on holiday).

Can confirm the Thule 118cm bars and 7104 foot pack fit perfectly.
If anyone is also after a roof box the Thule XT motion in medium is also a good fit. No front over hang and allows the boot to fully open. Also has a cut out for the roof antenna. Height with bars and box is approximately 198cm (I’ve given myself an additional 5cm on top of that for piece of mind when entering a car park).

It’s been mentioned in the thread that the roof limit is 75KG. I was under the impression that it’s 50kg. Is anyone able to confirm the max weight limit please.

PS really enjoying the Formentor. I seem to find new features on a daily basis 😃
The max roof pressure is indeed 50kg (metnioned in the manual), this is including the Thule roofbars and roofbox.

BTW: do you have a panoramic roof, if so , can you still open it even when the roofbox is on the roof?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members