BLT EGR Removal explained

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
That's good then! Did you buy the cooler delete pipe aswell? If not how did you go about joining the cooling and vacuum lines?

Cuffy

Jul 25, 2010
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I am having the darkside EGR delete fitted tomorrow by my mechanic doesn't know what to do with the vacuum pipe which comes off the EGR valve?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anth

Mines been left dingly dangling about with a screw lobbed in the end. Been like that for 3 years.

iwcham1979

Jul 7, 2009
So guys I’m having trouble with the EGR realted EML on my BLT engine. And after reading all this I am a little bit confused? So, can I map out the EGR, leave ASV operational and have no EML come on the dash? Some people suggesting it could be done only by mapping out the whole EML, which is ridiculous and unacceptable for obvious reasons!

Apr 12, 2010
So guys I’m having trouble with the EGR realted EML on my BLT engine. And after reading all this I am a little bit confused? So, can I map out the EGR, leave ASV operational and have no EML come on the dash? Some people suggesting it could be done only by mapping out the whole EML, which is ridiculous and unacceptable for obvious reasons!

Thats correct mate, yes (y)

iwcham1979

Jul 7, 2009
Hello guys. I have removed the EGR on my BLT Tdi, and installed the new camshaft and followers, changed injector seals…The car idles fine, the turbo boosts fine, checked in Vcds, torsion value of the cam is good, injector lash good, but there is no power, the car is as slow as na SDI… Could it be that on a BLT you need to map out EGR out from the Ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro