ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I agree with Rob, I've done some runs on my T1-Rs and they are superb.

T1-Rs are aboth web and dry track tyres so get the extra benefit of your trackday not being ruined case your on semi slicks..

T!-R's are road tyres
R888's are track day tyres and just happen to be road legal.

R888's for track, or proper slicks. you will kick proverbial arse with slicks on in the dry

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is about track use, then R888's are the right road legal/track tyres......... but mind the wearbar at the end of the day vs the trip home, or get some track wheels and not worry.. (and try slicks for the full experience.. :D )
Lets just say on the way home.....what wear bar.
Hence the need for the proper tyres to do the job, as you stated, R888's

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well I've just ordered 2 x 225-40-18 Toyo Proxy R888's :)
£310 delivered from Camskill

I'll fit these to the front end of the car with the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on the rear. I know that this might induce oversteer but TBH the rear end was VERY well planted last time on the track and the corners that the R888's will benefit me on Knockill won't induce serious oversteer anyway.

So the new way forward is new exhaust, R888's and harness for the driver seat.
The CG lock was good but due to shitty bolsters on the OEM seats my top half was all over the place.
Hopefully get all of these very soon as next scheduled track day is 13th September at Knockhill again. I hope to get another one more track session in before the end of the year then get into winter preparations for next year;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well, Camskill, what can I say???

First dealings with them and all good so far.
Bought these tyres at 09.00 on Monday 11.00 on Tuesday these were delivered.
Top class service.

So R888's fitted to the front and initial feeling is GREAT.
I had suspected that tyre wall flex was causing me problems and round the first few corners at lowish speed it is VERY evident this was a problem but not any more.
Testing to be continued

mike2926

vroom vroom
Mar 18, 2009
Just outside Colchester
'So the new way forward is new exhaust, R888's and harness for the driver seat'

hi willie,

there is a set of new harnesses on the for sale section i think the guy wants £40

cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
'So the new way forward is new exhaust, R888's and harness for the driver seat'

hi willie,

there is a set of new harnesses on the for sale section i think the guy wants £40

cheers
Aye cheers Mike, I've seen that ones and others.
As I plan to make a big thing of my track driving I'm going to get new ones. That way I'll have FIA licence for 4 year of fun

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well it's been a bit dry on the old pictures and I know you love these so.....

P1060014.jpg

P1060015.jpg

P1060016.jpg

P1060017.jpg

P1060018.jpg

P1060013.jpg

As you can see I've been pretty brutal in getting rid of everything I don't need. What holding me back just now is the window winders and the OEM glass. I plan to fit Perspex glass which will be silicon sealed in so the metal plates on the doors can come off. Just now these are what's stopping my car being a part time swimming pool.
I'm going to get rid of the OEM electric motors for window winders, *****************. **********************

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As mentioned earlier, I completely roasted my front tyres, these were ready for changing anyway.

P1060009.jpg

P1060010.jpg

P1060011.jpg

P1060012.jpg

Initially these feels awesome, zero side wall flex so far......testing continues today:)

Was gonna mention the windows and motors then you did! Glad you're going for perspex, you will save a load, not to mention get rid of the extra wires lying around!

Are the radio/speakers etc coming out also or can you not live without the "boom boom pows"?? :cartman:

Tyres look nice and sticky :p A much better day for them today!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Was gonna mention the windows and motors then you did! Glad you're going for perspex, you will save a load, not to mention get rid of the extra wires lying around!

Are the radio/speakers etc coming out also or can you not live without the "boom boom pows"?? :cartman:

Tyres look nice and sticky :p A much better day for them today!
Na min, canna live without the boom boom pow's, KH is a long way with a droning exhaust and stones rattling under the car.
Might get rid and just use IPOD with ear phones I suppose:think:

Dying to get rid of some wire but the voice of reason (Allen) says not to.

Windows are suprisingly cheap, £250 for the full set.
Also when I do the windows I'll rip out the Aircon.
Still need to look into shifting the battery aswell

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
are you gonna keep the rest of the dash in or eventually replace it with part of the cage?

cheers
Not too sure on this Mike. Eveything is being done to make it as competitive as possible so I suppose the dash will go at some point. I'm not too clued up on the MOT implications of these actions so will need to seek advise before doing major stuff like that.
I'm going to a cage builder this week, I'll ask them what they think about removing/leaving the dash

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise