Anyone ordered yet?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Do you think it's worth it?
One of the great unanswerable questions.

If you plan to keep your car for four or five years and something goes wrong that would have cost you more than the cost of the warranty then yes.

If you plan to keep your car for four or five years and nothing goes wrong then no.

Would you rather have it and not need it, or need it and not have it? The answer to that question tells you if it's worth it or not...

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
One of the great unanswerable questions.

If you plan to keep your car for four or five years and something goes wrong that would have cost you more than the cost of the warranty then yes.

If you plan to keep your car for four or five years and nothing goes wrong then no.

Would you rather have it and not need it, or need it and not have it? The answer to that question tells you if it's worth it or not...

I think I've missed the boat on it anyway... Looks like it has to be added to the original order. The blurb in the brochure is a little contradictory, initially it says it can only be taken out before the car is registered but then it goes on to say it has to be taken at time of order.

5tfDc8T.jpg

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Looks like it has to be added to the original order...
It does. Quite frankly it's the most ridiculous way of selling an extended warranty I have ever known. I've had a few customers that would have taken stock vehicles but had to wait 3-4 months for a factory order of the exact same specification :rolleyes:

FedT

Jan 27, 2018
I think I've missed the boat on it anyway... Looks like it has to be added to the original order. The blurb in the brochure is a little contradictory, initially it says it can only be taken out before the car is registered but then it goes on to say it has to be taken at time of order.

5tfDc8T.jpg

It does. Quite frankly it's the most ridiculous way of selling an extended warranty I have ever known. I've had a few customers that would have taken stock vehicles but had to wait 3-4 months for a factory order of the exact same specification :rolleyes:

Hmm surely adding the extended warranty is like amending the order spec and adding another option to the order?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Hmm surely adding the extended warranty is like amending the order spec and adding another option to the order?
Which, like any other factory option, can only be done for a very short time after the order is placed.

FedT

Jan 27, 2018
Which, like any other factory option, can only be done for a very short time after the order is placed.

Ah, so if order is still at unconfirmed build week stage then the extended warranty could be added?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Ah, so if order is still at unconfirmed build week stage then the extended warranty could be added?
Options and colours can be amended up to four weeks before the production confirmed date, so yes.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Don't buy the extended warranty! Seat will send you a letter when the car is coming up to the end of its 3 year warranty with an option to extend! It also gives you a chance to choose a level of cover and the option to pay an excess, making it alot cheaper than when you order. I paid £146 for full cover with a £100 excess on mine.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Don't buy the extended warranty! Seat will send you a letter when the car is coming up to the end of its 3 year warranty with an option to extend! It also gives you a chance to choose a level of cover and the option to pay an excess, making it alot cheaper than when you order. I paid £146 for full cover with a £100 excess on mine.
Is that for an additional year, or an additional two years?

If the former one claim is going to cost you £246 for what would have cost you £280 upfront.

Hardly "alot" cheaper... :confused:

Last edited:

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Very strange indeed... Never mind, not reordering the car again. Will think about extending it when I'm coming up on 3 years.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Well, a further update on our order... It is built, it was at port, and it’s now in the UK...but...a call from the sales guy today with some bad news...

...It hasn’t quite been built as ordered.

Whether accidental or as a result of the option being pulled from the configurator after I’d ordered the car has been built without the simul (fake...) leather / Alcantara. Which is a shame, as I like the look of it! Question is, do I take the car without? They’re offering an additional £250 off, plus of course the cost of the option. Which I think was £365.

The £250 is in form of a cash back cheque from SEAT UK, but it occurs to me that I could ask them to credit the cost of the the 18” wheel upgrade instead since that’s ‘worth’ £325 to me (before discount) but will cost them a lot less, and almost certainly less than the £250. A win win?

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Well, a further update on our order... It is built, it was at port, and it’s now in the UK...but...a call from the sales guy today with some bad news...

...It hasn’t quite been built as ordered.

Whether accidental or as a result of the option being pulled from the configurator after I’d ordered the car has been built without the simul (fake...) leather / Alcantara. Which is a shame, as I like the look of it! Question is, do I take the car without? They’re offering an additional £250 off, plus of course the cost of the option. Which I think was £365.

The £250 is in form of a cash back cheque from SEAT UK, but it occurs to me that I could ask them to credit the cost of the the 18” wheel upgrade instead since that’s ‘worth’ £325 to me (before discount) but will cost them a lot less, and almost certainly less than the £250. A win win?

That’s very disappointing from SEATs side!
You’re well within your rights to refuse the car if you wanted.
Personally, if they say that it’s not got the alcantara on mine, I will unfortunately decline the car.

Get as much as you can from them! Don’t accept the £250! You can get more than that.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
There was a time when I’d have just waited for the right spec, but the cars not for me but my partner, who really doesn’t mind what the car is, never mind the interior trim! And I can’t be bothered to wait another 4 months, or more likely longer given the configurator still doesn’t have the option on it.

The dealer has been great; they were apologetic and sent a video of another FR (delivered to them today, again with the wrong interior...) to show me the standard cloth. It looks a bit cheap, but I don’t have to live with it! It also makes zero difference to the residual on a 3 year PCP (taken for the finance discount - it’ll be settled soon after delivery) so even on their initial offer I’m £615 better off in cash terms. And I’m not *that* unhappy with that. It’s £650 if I can wangle the wheels instead of the £250. I have other options to trade mind... LED lights were £400, the panoramic roof £695 or the paint at £650 ;)

Last edited:

ajprice

Feb 5, 2018
I'm going to be ordering an FR 95 soon from Stoneacre leasing, got the reply for the online quote yesterday. Just need to sort any options (spare wheel is a given, don't want just the the repair kit) and colour. Split between Desire red and Eclipse orange. Not sure whether the orange will look amazing on those few sunny days (yay) and brown the rest of the time (boo).

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Different car I know but I saw 2 Aronas in our local dealer the other day, one was Desire Red the other Eclipse Orange and although I've never been a fan of orange cars it did look very smart, especially with the black roof on the Arona. It was in the showroom and not sunny but still had a nice glow to it and more orange than brown.

We've ordered a red Arona but it got me wondering if we should've gone for an Orange FR now..

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
I am thinking about Ibiza FR, did you notice any squeaking from interior - dashboard, doors after some time?

I want keep 17" alloys and 1.5 engine.

Very bad news that Alcantara is not availiable yet :( piano black is su...

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I'm going to be ordering an FR 95 soon from Stoneacre leasing, got the reply for the online quote yesterday. Just need to sort any options (spare wheel is a given, don't want just the the repair kit) and colour. Split between Desire red and Eclipse orange. Not sure whether the orange will look amazing on those few sunny days (yay) and brown the rest of the time (boo).

What quote did you gef?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.