Official SEAT Leon V2 pics & report now online

Deleted member 7659

zboyd - spot on about regs/directives. Totally driven by Brussels and Geneva......the pedestrian protection stuff is a framework Directive based around a voluntary agreement that manufacturers proposed in an attempt to divert from even stricter proposals coming out of the EC. Packaging is pushing manufacturers towards the mini-MPV look as it's the cheapest/easiest route to get a good result in testing terms. You can do it without but you tend to need a longer car to do it efficiently.

By the way, the info I have is that right hand drive production of the new Leon will start in the 4th quarter of this year with deliveries expected March '06......Cupra quite a long time after that!

keebo_sioux

I'm so dark I fart bats
Feb 8, 2004
Reading, Berkshire
Visit site
BX16V said:
zboyd - spot on about regs/directives. Totally driven by Brussels and Geneva......the pedestrian protection stuff is a framework Directive based around a voluntary agreement that manufacturers proposed in an attempt to divert from even stricter proposals coming out of the EC. Packaging is pushing manufacturers towards the mini-MPV look as it's the cheapest/easiest route to get a good result in testing terms. You can do it without but you tend to need a longer car to do it efficiently.

Thanks guys, that was a good clear answer that even I could understand.

Still don't like the look of them though.. :thumbd:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
BX16V said:
By the way, the info I have is that right hand drive production of the new Leon will start in the 4th quarter of this year with deliveries expected March '06......Cupra quite a long time after that!

Really - as far a way as that? :blink:

Arrgghh.. :hide:

What do i choose instead then?

Got to be powerfull .. (and probably diesel - company rules) TDCI engine in the focus is poo, the golf is only a 140 and a heavy car, astra don't like.. alfa doesn't have good reliablilty

This year i feel is not a good year to be changing cars... and i don't fancy going with an old shape Leon for 3 years (6 year old technology/design now isn't it?).

Dannywooly

Bring it on!
Jun 15, 2004
Lowestoft
Tam said:
Really - as far a way as that? :blink:

Arrgghh.. :hide:

What do i choose instead then?

Got to be powerfull .. (and probably diesel - company rules) TDCI engine in the focus is poo, the golf is only a 140 and a heavy car, astra don't like.. alfa doesn't have good reliablilty

This year i feel is not a good year to be changing cars... and i don't fancy going with an old shape Leon for 3 years (6 year old technology/design now isn't it?).

Nothing wrong with current TDI Cupra! If your that bored with the idea, chip it, uprate the turbo, clutch and exhuast, then slap a JBS NOS kit in it! Then you'll like it!

Danny

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
LOL,

That was exactly me idea behind getting the Leon - Reevo :) :) :) (i live less than 1 mile from their HQ :) :) )

/think this is probably best for a sperate discussion though .. (don't want to spoil this New Leon thread. )

BenJ20VT

Sep 12, 2004
Newbury
I like it allot! Some slightly more aggressive styling needed on the front maybe as I think this is a one reason why people choose the Leon over the Golf. Hope they keep that colour coded interior! Think the front nose should be alittle more sharp rather then rounded to match the headlights better. Love the steering wheel!

Turbowayne

The Great White !!!
Mar 3, 2004
South Wales
Visit site
Brill car & shape all round. You must love it surely !!!
What style, modern lines & a much better chassis. That is what lets the R
down, really poor & a shame.

I want the full top 250 bhp version prob badged as
a Cupra i guess !

Wonder what the top model will cast though compared to my R's new price ???

:) :) :)

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
m0rk said:
most new cars will have 'similar' shapes to them to conform to pedestrian safety ruling

it's a shame that rules dictated by stupidity have to come about, but there's only so muc you can do with a given shape

Couldn't agree more, that's why i will keep buying older cars now until we run out of decent old cars - like in 10 years time when that's an old car, bet it will be barely road worthy - same as a lot of modern cars (just my opinion)

:cheers:

P.S. it's just like a tarty mk V

fluffy duck

as a current owner of the MkII Toledo, i must say that the new tody sucks big time........ looks like an MPV but isn't .........

the Leon looks promising but i must say it reminds me of the new Mazda 3 (or am i the only one?)

TDT

my god, that's one ugly car!

i'd rather drive a french car than that - now that IS bad!

dave-v6

INSERT COIN
Apr 22, 2003
The Netherlands
Visit site
TDT said:
my god, that's one ugly car!

i'd rather drive a french car than that - now that IS bad!

Perhaps one of these would be more to your taste?

std_1976_morris_marina_1300-1.jpg

Nice & sensible, with none of that new-fangled 'design' nonsense.

:blink:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise