Official SEAT Leon V2 pics & report now online

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Very Salsa

leoncupra_mockup_header.jpg

More - http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=9

Last edited:

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Just noticed this is a DSG one as well, and it also has shift paddles on the wheel ! I thought the Altea DSGs didn't have these paddles - could this be a Cupra only feature ?

Edit: The tiny front quarter light looks a bit messy :(

Bob

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well these look very polished, and i expect tomorrow will be the day that SEAT actually show the car at Geneva.

I have to say given what rules new cars now must be built too, its not a bad job, certainly Salsa body concept in it, whihc is no bad thing, its been one of my favourite SEAT concepts, the headroom looks good, and the interior space. Boot space doesn't concern me too much, i hardly use it anyway.

But i do like this coupe-esque shape, if it comes with a 2.0TFSI and DSG, i think i'll be sold, im sure its not to everyones taste, but a lot said that of the Altea and thats proving to have a growing following.

I await more details, hopefully tomorrow, please SEAT don't let us down. :)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Now that I like, that's far more convincing than the photoshopped Altea pictures and it looks cool IMO.

Compared to todays shots of the new Civic and new re-styled Focus and bland Astra it's bold, I think this Leon is a bold and striking alternative (IF this IS what it's gonna look like)

First positive piccys I have seen, fingers crossed

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
they have done a great job of disguising its Altea routes actually.

I'll do a design analysis tomorrow. It looks like the bonnet and front over hang(longer) is new as well.

Dont forget, this is a prototype, so anything that isnt Sheetmetal is quite likely to change (including the central rear exhaust)

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
:thumbup: i like it from 3/4 rear astra ish back 147 ish luv the zorst see leather too, if it's owt like that i luv it, come on seat dont water it down

vern

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
:-o wow when can i order one i want i want right now i think it's great
was really worried it was gonna look like the toledo but this i like
and even tho it's a 4 door it looks like a coupe and i've heard rummors
that the hot tdi is gonna be around 170bhp sounds promising
it gets a big :thumbup: :clap:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've been itching like a kid to see these pics, and they don't dissappoint

it's *almost* the salsa I've drooled of.

As per Altea Prototipo I doubt the Alfa doors will see production

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
i like the back but wont be swaping mine for one! whats the circle on the rear spoiler? a small brake light?

i like the inards too

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Tomorrow IS the official day of unveiling...

...and speaking to some people "in the know" (aka, head of sales at my local stealers, who know I'm not in the market for a new car!), the anticipated FR version due in approx 1 year, we will see the 200bhp engine from the Golf GTi, and the CUPRA expected a year after that will see 245 - 250bhp from the same engine...
...but guess who forgot to ask about diesel options :whistle: :hide:

As for the looks of the car... shame the rear could be mistaken all too easily for an Alfa 147... otherwise, looks pretty good!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
small led brake light maybe?or rear facing camera .i'm not a fan of red motors particulary,but its pretty good looking.its innevitable it'll be watered down a bit

edit:np mark,could n't belive it when i saw the thread ,had to get it up quick :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members