Seat Ibiza (6L): Air suspension and more.....SPLITTING/FOR SALE

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
and the rest alex lol

Nice going mate, cant wait to see it!

Hopefully ordering my wheels from compomotive tomorrow, though im going for a different style haha

Did you get yours direct from comp?

Cheers Scott :)

Nice one on the wheels. Are you going for the same wheels you mentioned before? (I won't mention the name incase I give something away).

Yes direct from comp, great people to deal with. They'll probably throw in a set of wheel bolts and caps for you aswel.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh was going to say they are awesome for customer service, absolute legends!

Cant remember what i mentioned last time but might be something a tad different now, been having a chew on with these bloody brakes haha

How long until yours is gonna have all the air etc fitted? I remember the last ibiza on air, looked insane! Good to see you have gone with a class kit. I did ask the last bloke loads of questions as was seriously considering it on the old one and he said dont get the rayvern one he got lol

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Ha ha, sounds like the brakes have been giving you some serious grief. I'll sit tight and wait in excitement to see what you went for. You'll be surprised how well the wheels are packaged when they turn up at your door step.

The order was placed mid January so the struts should be here within the next two weeks or so (I hope). They'll certainly be fitted before UD though so if you're about and fancy a look then I'll be happy to show you through the kit :)

Ah yes, I remember the last Iibza on air. Looked amazing. Was his name Chris? As you mentioned, there is a lot of negative comments about the rayvern kit so decided to pay a little extra and get something that won't fail as the car will still be used on a daily basis. I've done some serious research and the quality of work luke provides is out of this world. Check out his notch:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/dwaindibbly/cab ideas/photo3.jpg

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Park next to me at UD , Maybe ill take it off and put it on mine while your not looking ;) , Im aiming to get my wheels boot and roof done by ud atleast , Seats really dont get enough love at the shows!

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Park next to me at UD , Maybe ill take it off and put it on mine while your not looking ;) , Im aiming to get my wheels boot and roof done by ud atleast , Seats really dont get enough love at the shows!

Each wheel bolt will be a different locking mechanism which will be rigged to the loudest, gayest person at the place. Feeling lucky punk? haha

You're right. Seats are overlooked at VAG events. Such a shame :( !

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Each wheel bolt will be a different locking mechanism which will be rigged to the loudest, gayest person at the place. Feeling lucky punk? haha

You're right. Seats are overlooked at VAG events. Such a shame :( !

Suppose ill just have to tow you away then ;)

Need to combine cars for the show haha , My shell/ wheels your seats bootbuild and air ride = win :p

Yeah no kidding its full of massive vw snobs! I remember someone saying lastyear at ed38 , Whats all the shitty seats doing here .., he got a nice comment back ;)

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Ha ha, nice one for the comment back. Representing us Ibiza owners well. As much as I love MK4 golfs on bbs rs wheels, it gets repetative when they all do it!

A seat only region for UD sounds like a good idea. We need to pool our ideas and get something together :).

Might be worth mentioning this now before it expands into something....the boot build is just going to be based on accomadating the tank etc- nothing fancy.. I'm not one for all this audo stuff!

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Too right , People should open their eyes and realise that golfs are not the only cars in the world!

I've not read into UD much this year , whats the score? Defo's need to park our cars up together and show em how the ibiza's role !

You planning on painting the tank and building around it or?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Hey mate, you got any pics of the stretch on the wheels?

Also did the tyre fitter just fit them like a normal tyre rather than using the methods for fitting daft tyres on a wide rim?

I'm gonna have to go 17x8 to clear the brakes and got 205-40 paradas too so it came back to asking you questions again lol

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Thanks for feedback guys.

Hey mate, you got any pics of the stretch on the wheels?

Also did the tyre fitter just fit them like a normal tyre rather than using the methods for fitting daft tyres on a wide rim?

I'm gonna have to go 17x8 to clear the brakes and got 205-40 paradas too so it came back to asking you questions again lol

Ha ha. fire away with the questions. Its fine.

Had a browse through my album but no pictures sorry :( Check out tyrestretch.com

There are some seriously daft methods on youtube but the same guy has managed to fit 195/40/16 to my 8x16 wheels and also 195/40/17 on my old 7.5x17 wheels by using the bog standard method. No damage sustained or forced method required either.

205/40/17 sounds like an okay fit. I had 205/40/16 (also paradas) fitted on the 8J and it looked rather normal with minimal stretch. Should be fine dude.

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Too right , People should open their eyes and realise that golfs are not the only cars in the world!

I've not read into UD much this year , whats the score? Defo's need to park our cars up together and show em how the ibiza's role !

You planning on painting the tank and building around it or?

UD consists of a giant car park (also known as Ultimate Car Park Dubs haha) which has some sweet cars parked up but the main show is inside with an attatched outdoor section for minor club stands. Food is silly expensive so brig a lunch box :D

I honestly have no idea :confused:!! I was thinking of having a false floor built which would only show half the tank, but so many ideas floating about its hard to a make a decision. I'll see what Luke has in mind and take it from there. Planning on keeping it low key.

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Hahah whats your plan with the car at ud then? , I see that the same seat leon has won it for the last 3 years... REALLY!?

I like the builds around that only show parts of it tbh but some full bottle ones look good also..

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Thanks for feedback guys.

Ha ha. fire away with the questions. Its fine.

Had a browse through my album but no pictures sorry :( Check out tyrestretch.com

There are some seriously daft methods on youtube but the same guy has managed to fit 195/40/16 to my 8x16 wheels and also 195/40/17 on my old 7.5x17 wheels by using the bog standard method. No damage sustained or forced method required either.

205/40/17 sounds like an okay fit. I had 205/40/16 (also paradas) fitted on the 8J and it looked rather normal with minimal stretch. Should be fine dude.

That's good news then, cheers :D was hoping that was the case! Was hoping they would go on as easy as my old 195's on the 7.5 bbs! Just can't wait for them to arrive haha

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Gave the car a wash & polish and decided to go for a little drive:
024.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

Just looking forward to bagging it now :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise