LCR door light switch > Any way of fixing without replacing the lock...?

AMR_RM

Hi all

My LCR will not warn me that i have left the lights on or turn the intergal light on when the driver door is open, the passenger side works ok

I have read in Elsawin that the door open switch is an intergral part of the lock and if the switch has failed, the lock has to be changed... this obviously costs big bucks :cry:

Does anyone have or know of a way of fixing it or will i have to resort to running the risk of leaving the lights on when i get to work in the morning

Ta

Andy

j033y

Hi mate

IF its the same as a mk4 golf then the fix is relativley simple!! and they are always going on mk4 golfs!

basically the door lock is one big unit in your door. these are about £100 from vw (presume seat would be similar) and they control your lock and all sensors on door/door open/door light/coutesy light and even the alarm! and auto lock!!!!

Now i know the leon is a mk4 golf! but whether the doors are similar i am not 100% sure but you can have a look at these links and see, i dont see why it would be different

"I WILL PM THE LINKS TO YOU AS I CANNOT POST THEM DUE TO LOW POST COUNT"

In the links they showed how to repair them, i just bought a working 2nd hand one for £15 took 2 hours to fix.

If it is like a golf in everyway and you do this, there is a mistake people make when putting the door back together. its to do with a tag an the handle. so if you fix it and suddlenly cant open your door, just ask me again

I hope after writing all this that it is like a Golf!!!! :rolleyes:

j033y

I can't work out how to PM...idiot me! so will try posting the links again!!!

http ://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/159036/1047859.aspx#1047859

http ://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1542461

I have put spaces in, obviously delete the spaces!!! bloody 15 post rule not letting me post links!

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
I had mine done under a warranty I got with the car when i baught it. The door lock is £120 + VAT plus labour - 2 hours.

VAGFR

Anyone know where you can buy the tool to remove the bolts that hold the door lock mech in place, cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members