Cupramillo's MK3 Ibiza Cupra Gone, EVO 8 MR FQ320 CARBON ON!!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Current Spec:

2001 MK3 KO3s Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20VT 5 Speed

Exterior:

OZ Superleggera 17’ alloys with Toyo T1-R 205/40/R17 tyres.
OZ Red Carbon Center Caps
Aero front wipers
SCN Decals
Forge Motorsport Decals
Revo Technik Decals
Front and Rear Colour Coded Flash Red Bump Strips
Debadged rear boot apart from “Cupra
6k HID Kit

Interior:

Red Cupra R Front and Rear Floor Mats

Suspension & Handling

AP fully adjustable coil-over kit with new top mounts
Seat Sport front upper strut brace
5mm Front Wheel Spacers
20mm Rear Hub centric Wheel Spacers

Braking
Brembo 4-Pot Calipers
Brembo Brake Pads
305mm elliptically grooved front discs
Braided front brake hoses
Motul RBF600 racing Brake fluid

Engine & Transmission
KO3s Turbo
REVO Stage 2 Software
Metal impellor water pump
Forge 007 Recirculating dump valve
Forge Turbo Intake Pipe (Red)
Forge Front Mounted Intercooler
Forge Boost Hoses (Red)
Forge Coolant Silicon Kit (Red)
INA High Flow Exhaust Manifold
LCR Fuel Pump
Jetex Air Filter
Full Blue Flame Turbo Back Exhaust with 200cell race cat
N249 Bypassed
NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
VR6 Clutch
G60 Single Mass Flywheel Wheel Conversion from Dual Mass

RR Results:

With Just Stage1 and Air Filter 201.4BHP
With KO3s and supporting Mods 224.2bhp & 279.7 lb/ft
With KO3s Uprated Manifold and LCR Fuel Pump 226.4bhp & 291.2 lb/ft

Future Plans:

Hybrid plans scrapped for the time being. Just want to get her up to better condition and enjoy what i have.

Next on the shopping list will be, Front and rear ARB's, engine mounts, new bushes, gauges fitted and a few other bits and bobs!

Right, this is looooong over due. Will have owned the car a year in march and have never got round to creating a readers ride..... so here we go.

I bought the car in March 2008 after a long, painful and expensive Fiat ownership spanning 6years!! Im half Italian so my dad kind of made me buy Fiats as my first cars. So 2 Pandas, 1 Uno and a Punto later, i bought a MK3 Ibiza Cupra from a local lad in North London. It had done just over 61k, bodywork and interior in mint condition. Had basic mods, Revo Stage 1, uprated Forge dump valve, supersprint back box and a nakkered Ram Air filter!

Here are a few pics of her a week after owning her and giving her her first wash!

DSC03636.jpg

DSC03638.jpg

DSC03639.jpg

DSC03640.jpg

DSC03637.jpg

Since then i have done a fair amount of work getting the car up to Stage 2 Revo with the KO3S turbo swap. Will post some more pics that i can find.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2006
Hi mate, your car looks a nice clean and tidy example and a good find too, get some pics up with your OZ`s on and how it looks now.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh will do, done alot to it since last year! Fingers crossed the weather will be ok tomorrow and i'll give her a clean and put some new pics up of the engine bay mods and OZ's

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Managed to find a pic of when i got back from having my KO3S and Forge Front Mount Intercooler by Hooch. Many thanks for the work mate, you did a top job ;)

Anyway here is a pic of it on the car!

alloy003.jpg

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Had to get one of these.......

alloy001.jpg

not the best pic of it on the car but you get the idea! Cheap mod and spreading the word of SCN :seatgod:

alloy002.jpg

Just waiting for what seems an AGE for two more for the side windows! Hurry up Vinyl Store!

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
No not yet mate, but i got the whole week off this week so im going to get the refurb done and then paint them up! What paint did you use? I bought some Halfords caliper paint but i heard the Hammerite spray is good aswell.

You got your brembos on? Now im jealous of those!

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I used the hammerite spray paint and then VHT laquer i got from ebay seemed to both work pretty well. Will be getting the brembo's fitted saturday, hopefully they fit under the wheels.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Well still got the reciept for the caliper paint so may use hammerite. Good luck with the brembos mate, hope they go on ok, your going to be loving the stopping power!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
This is what happens when to drive through a pot hole thats covered with water at 50mph!

alloy.jpg

Council are going to get it in the ear. I want a new alloy....NOW!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Right...managed to find a load of pics of the motor...so will try and post them in the same order as the mods went on....

Firstly, i like the cupra alloys and all but when i saw a set of OZ Superleggera's up on ebay for a good price i could not pass the opertunity buy to get a set! And they came with 4 brand new Toyo Proxes...RESULT!

carpics013.jpg

Love them and they came in mint condition....for a while anyway till i got hold ot them

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Next i slowly started all the mods to upgrade to KO3S.

Started with a nice red Forge TIP

carpics004.jpg

Went on fine, one of the few mechanical mods that i actually did myself...lol

Made a great spool up sound and abit of a louder dump!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Didnt do much else to it for a few months, but was abit annoyed with the fact that the supersprint back box that came with the car was soooo quite!

So i decided to go and drive all the way up to Manchester to Blueflame and get myself a Blueflame turbo back exhaust!! :D:D

carpics011.jpg

Love the shape of the oval tail pipe, suits the lines of the Ibiza perfectly in my opinion!

On the drive down to London i wasent sure if i had made the right choice going for Blueflame as it was soooooooo loud! But after a few months its coked up nicely and is sooo nice and subtle when cruising about town and at motorway speeds. BUT jump on the loud pedal and it sounds totally amazing! Nice deep throaty roar...love it! :p

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Next i wanted to uprate my induction system. Came with a really old nakkered and quiet Rm Air filter! So when one a Jetex one came up for sale on the forum i had to get one!

carpics005.jpg

Brilliant air filter, dump sound has increased in volume ALOT. Also when squeezing on the throttle you can hear it sucking up soooo much air with a nice pssssssssss sound! Awesome mod for 40quid!

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Next got a great deal from Forge for a Front Mount Intercooler kit. Got that just before christmas, then bought a KO3s off Danny_Lad, so with all the parts ready to go on and just the mapping to do, i drove up to Luton to get my KO3S and FMIC fitted by Hooch.

Didnt take my camera up, so dont have any pics of the installation. But i got a pic of the engine bay with all the nice red hoses!

carpics007.jpg

Forge FMIC

alloy003.jpg

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
So with everything on, all i needed to do was get her mapped up! The previous owner already had Revo stage 1 on the car, so i toyed with the idea of going Revo Stage 2 or CC phase 2 or Jabba Sport Custom map....huuum.....as money was tight and it was only 50quid to upgrade to Revo stage 2 I decided to go REVO2.

Booked her in at AMD Essex. Great place, will be going back to them for future mods and servicing for sure. They changed my 3bar fpr over for a 4bar one and gave her a rolling road before and after. Only have the print out of my final run, but before the revo2 software was put on she made 205bhp. After software was added and a few runs she made 224bhp, which i was happy with. I was told that as i only ran the car on bog standard regular unleaded, i she would make more power when run on V-Power, and give time for the ECU to adapt.

img021.jpg

img022.jpg

Was a great drive home. Car felt alot quicker as you'd expect, but compared to Revo1 Revo 2 is alot more progressive, so dont get that wack of power that you do with stage 1. Alot ot it is probably down to the KO3s holding the power better, but it still feels really smooth and quick!

Well happy with the torque figure aswell!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Woke up this morning, had the whole week off, and decided with it being such a nice day, i'd give her a proper clean, inside and out!

Hope you like the pics!

carpics008.jpg

carpics009.jpg

carpics014.jpg

sorry for the quality of pics... the digi cam is on its last legs [:@]

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Looking for a decent brake upgrade and came across a TT/S3 setup off another forum. Got them at a good price so decided to buy them. They came with everything, having come off another MK3 Ibiza Cupra, 312mm discs, calipers, modified carriers, and braided brake lines.

alloy-1.jpg

alloy011.jpg

alloy012.jpg

In very good condition aswell!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise