Mk3 ibiza S

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
Im back baby!

ok guys aftr a little incident a few months back now, ive got myself another ibiza it was just a matter of time hehe.

pretty much same as before but this time in black and with less miles bargain :D

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
New Images

hey guys got some more images of my LCR splitter fitted :D good times

any way over xmas i wana do some mods i wont be able to drive as im having surgery on my foot :(

so which mods do people think i shud get?

1. Window Tint
2. Rear light tint red or black?
3. Lowering springs?
4. HID conversion?

what do you think to the mods and my pics?

newsigdesign.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
having some great fun atm (not really just having a moan)

1. boot lock has started jamming shut
2. passenger window switch has completely bust i think so need new 1
3. central locking has de-coded itself and as such cant use my remote lock
4, driver's door is connected to the remote central locking so it only open's the passenger door and boot when coded and when the boot isnt jammed.

great fun atm and ive been off ill from work so got no funds to repair any of it.

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
having some great fun atm (not really just having a moan)

1. boot lock has started jamming shut
2. passenger window switch has completely bust i think so need new 1
3. central locking has de-coded itself and as such cant use my remote lock
4, driver's door is connected to the remote central locking so it only open's the passenger door and boot when coded and when the boot isnt jammed.

great fun atm and ive been off ill from work so got no funds to repair any of it.

right so i had a fun little weekend i fixed my boot lock that was the first thing :D, and i managed to re-code my central locking, i think if correctly diagnosed by jezyg then i need a new remote door lock mecanism for my driver's door so just that and a window switch to buy :D washed it as well will get some pics up this afternoon if weather holds.

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
Woop March is here again

hey guys, got my years NCD again!
its a year two days ago now since i had my accident in my first Ibiza and ive decided im gona "TRY" and keep it for another year to build the NCD up a little bit before throwing my self at something with a bigger engine
im thinking of getting an exhaust system fitted not sure on cat back or just back box, anyway got teh prices for both i know i only have a 1.4 but you know im fed up of no sound in the engine hehe.

anyway just a few things to consider,
will i need to cut the bumper, to get the tail pipe to fit properly (im thinking an oval or a small straight twin) or can i have it dropped slightly lower so i dont need to cut it, i would prefer this as then if i come to sell it it can be put back to a standard system. im not lowered yet but im only planning on around 30-40mm as coilover's on a 1.4 is pretty pointless.

went for a clear earlier got some pics to post later on cant do anything atm at college lol

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
well the exhaust fund took a little beating 2nite before its even been started, turns out my handbrake wasnt loose, needed new shoes for the back and a new cyinder on the passenger side :( all told £50 including labour and its been done already hehe

pics i promised earlier
IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

lemme know what you think guys

Last edited:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Looking good mate! :thumbup:

I understand your lack of car funds pain!!! Hard modding on a shoe string, but does make everything more rewarding :)

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
hopefully soon ill recieve a big boost in the form of me getting a full time job when i finish college in 2 months so will always be fueled up lol, btw that sig is pretty awesome howd you make it?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
In a similar situation, I'll be finishing uni soon and then hopefully be getting a job too :D

To be honest it's just a photo I found on my computer from years ago. No idea where I got it from! But then just added some text to it in paint ;)

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
fun fun fun!

so today started off pretty slow as usually for a thursday (my one day off in the week) was awoken for no f'in reason by my mum (again) luckily however for one of my friends as their car had gone thruogh a hedge luckily enough the nice farmer let her drive it out the field and only pay £20 for the damages to his hedge and fence, so after a little trek back to the home town and my friend safe at home and off the road with the car in the garage, i went home and got very bored, however i started thinking about my airbox as id never taken it off the car or checked the filters since owner ship from october.

anyway cleaned it up gave the filters a hoover :p and just a general clean around te engine bay, had fun learnt a little bit and noticing it pull a little better as a result so the day was not lost unfortunatly got no pictures of the car while it was in the field.

i might write up a tutorial in the near future on a good method to clean airbox and butterfly valve for te 1.4 as their isnt one yet

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Always good giving the air filter and box a good clean. Amazing the amount of crap that collects in there!

Thought about smoothing the inside of the filter box? I did that on my 1.4, obviously didn't make massive amount of power difference, but deffintley was smoother through acceleration.

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
right then guys need some help now, my passenger window doesnt work atm, conditions so far of this are

switch lights up when ignition is on
when i pull driver's side passenger switch UP light goes out
when i push driver's side passenger switch DOWN light stays on

this is the same when i do it on the passenger side

i have tried a different switch but to no avail any help will be much appreciated

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
you should post your issues on the Mk3 forum, you should get a lot more replies :)

anyway the car looks pretty tidy for a Mk3, looks cracking in black

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
thanks mate ive put it up on their as well just wondered if it was a general problem or not, i post in here so i have a record of when i tired to sort it out as well lol sort of like a car diary :D, yea im glad i picked this 1 had the choice of another mk3 or a mk 4 with 111k on the clock in a 1.2, it still sat at the car sales 6 months on :D

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
ok so i finally got round to giving my car an awesome clean on wednesday (no pictures however) and yesterday it broke down on me, managed to pull over near some corner shops in bilborough in nottingham, had a call from the mechanic today coilpack has gone and cylinders 1 + 4 are misfiring, so alltogether not happy as they dont work weekends so wont have my ibiza back until tuesday :(

anyway just wondering if you guys n gals could give me a rough price that ill be looking at for the coilpack?

many thanks T_higgs89

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members