Mk3 ibiza S

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Your car looks really nice.. The LCR splitter really does make a big difference to the front end.. Nice and tidy as well.. Is the splitter about £20 from a Seat dealer? If so, I'm going to get one Very soon :)

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
yes my friend umm... think it was just less than £22 just so you know how much money to take if paying cash :D

thanks car is a littel dirty atm but still im getting some plans together now for what i want to do with it :D

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
So now that you have gathered some NCD, if you declare your mods, will it not cost as much? Because I got a quote on my car, with aftermarket alloys, and most of the insurance companies wouldnt touch me..

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
this is my second ibiza wrote the first one off just over a year ago now insurance isnt bad, but with mods their are certain things you can do, for example cupra alloys are standard all be it from a cupra they are still standard :) this method of thought could be applied to suspension as well if you got your hands on some cupra suspension but generally it's best to declare mods however alloys are alloys what difference does aftermarket make? ;)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
LOL!! Awesome! I'm thinking of getting some Cupra Alloys.. Either them or OZ SuperT's.. (Oh wait.. They are Cupra R alloys) ;)
Why didnt I think of that before. LMAO!!
I have heard that if you get a Cupra suspension, the engine weighs more than the puny 1.4 we have :), and so, the car basically does wheelies 24/7.. Damn!

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
hmm.. im bit skeptical of that if its lowered properly it shouldnt do that, ive not heard of anybody having any problems with it just a straight swap its around 20-30 mm lower than our shocks n springs so is quite nice without being to riduclous :D

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Oh yeah, the centre caps are different!! Yours kind of dome in towards the nuts, mine are just flat.. Yours give the wheels a bit more character.. Damn you!! Hahaha!!

You are closer than I thought mate, We'll have to get some piccies of the cars together, it would be good to meet another person off here..

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Haha!! It will have to be fairly soon then dude.. Within weeks? Haha! I will have to buy myself a LCR splitter.. So you dont over shaddow me. LMAO!!

I'm from manchester, but its nearer to bolton.. So, its M60 then A6.. Not too far tbh.. I thought you were from Birmingham.. but wirksworth is much closer..

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
not updated for a while now, but gave her an oil change today didnt have much inside so eek hopefully no damage internally to the engine and secondly got her sitting on Dan1.6's old springs hehe the back is nice and low now but for some reason the front doesnt quite sit right any ideas guys? pics will follow tomorrow i think if i give her a wash lol

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
The 1.6 engine is heavier mate, so when the 1.4 engine sits on top of the springs, they dont compress properly.. Mine does it, but just think mines from a cupra.. Engine is even heavier, hence front end is begging like a dog..
Anyways, any updates dude?

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
no updates, been busy lol job hunting and such, not posted for around 4 months lol, ive got a new casette plugged into my headunit tho that gives better sound quality lol other than that got my MOT on friday this week lol

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
ok so MOT was passed just had to chnage my sidelights tho :gay:

however with a bit of advice from ndbrgr i have successfully removed my areial and im currently on ebay getting a C4 one to replace it as my old one was knackered!

also seeing as it was my birthday over the weekend a may get a few other bits any suggestions?

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
thats only cos i dont have any recent pics of it since its been lowered lol :) and yea my 14's are abit on the small side but im notworking fulltime and so i dont want to spend great amounts on alloys lol :)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Get some pics up then!!! :p

You don't have to spend much, I bought my current ones for £50 and refurbed them myself :D

Just spray your wheels a wacky colour :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.