Brake Package purchased....

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
Nobody could offer me a better price than the package from on ebay, so ive decided to go with that.

For a leon cupra r with brembo.

FRONT DS2500 PADS
REAR DS2500 PADS
FRONT 40 GROOVED DISCS EBC
REAR GROOVED DISCS EBC

From CRN

£ 350. I dont think thats a bad price and brakes should be better!

xxNickyxx

Mar 22, 2008
Nairn, near Inverness
I have almost the same set-up on mine apart from I have standard EBC discs.

They stop the car well, but I do suffer from brake squeal when they're wet. Might just be mine though!

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
i have the same at the front, but the rears arnt worth doing to that level imo, unless you like the aesthetics

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I almost bought the DS2500's for the rear but was advised the pad thickness was 1/4 of the padgid ones. When you get this please measure the pad material for the rears and I'll measure the padgids and see the difference

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
ok i will do. the rears take a long time to wear down if they wear quick they are cheapish to replace with some oe quality pads anyway.

quattrojim

how was this set up from ebay?i might get the same package

hey did any of you buy and try the crn ebay package? im probably gonna buy them this week but have noticed no one on this thread that fitted them has posted again, you havent crashed due to brake failure? lol.

anyway if anyone has anything good/bad to say on these id like to hear it, if not il try them and post back once bedded,

cheers

Loony R

Quattro ist fur sissies
Nov 23, 2007
Rossendale
hey did any of you buy and try the crn ebay package? im probably gonna buy them this week but have noticed no one on this thread that fitted them has posted again, you havent crashed due to brake failure? lol.

anyway if anyone has anything good/bad to say on these id like to hear it, if not il try them and post back once bedded,

cheers

I tried a crn package nearly 2 years ago only I went for the drilled discs and yellow stuff pads all round. I know people slag the EBC pads off but as long as you bed them in properly they're awesome. The "bed in coating" is very harsh and does a great job of matching the pads to the discs, but many people use the new brakes fully straight away scoring thr discs, then wearing the pads . I must admit they were amazing and I never had any fade (I also use goodridge and dot5.1) I swear at times I had the rear end of the car hopping about under hard breaking on spirited drives :whistle:
The stoppers got some propper hammer and lasted over a year until the pads were dead. The rears were still good so recently changed the fronts again. If I wasnt offered some brembo drilled discs cheap I would've used crn again for sure.
ATB

"I must admit they were amazing and I never had any fade (I also use goodridge and dot5.1) I swear at times I had the rear end of the car hopping about under hard breaking on spirited drives"

back end hopping is all i need to know! thanks for a swift reply there mate i will order mine monday morning, sweet!

quattrojim

yeah i did get that exact package from ebay.

i think the set up is amazing, almost doesn't feel as responsive braking lightly but not really a problem i got used to that, but stopping from speed or when it matters is un real, i'm very happy with mine and was a great price

only thing i would say is after i got them i noticed alot of people get the discs zinc coated to stop them rusting over, and these ones clearly are not, might be worth finding out if the seller can do that or if you can before you fit, keeps them looking nice and shiney all the time.

yeah i did get that exact package from ebay.

i think the set up is amazing, almost doesn't feel as responsive braking lightly but not really a problem i got used to that, but stopping from speed or when it matters is un real, i'm very happy with mine and was a great price

only thing i would say is after i got them i noticed alot of people get the discs zinc coated to stop them rusting over, and these ones clearly are not, might be worth finding out if the seller can do that or if you can before you fit, keeps them looking nice and shiney all the time.

ye the seller offers zincing for 25 quid so figured that would be well worthwhile :think:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
I've been using CRN for the brakes on both LCR and My Evo 6 and ive not had any problems with them at all, Ollie at CRN is a top bloke and knows his stuff

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
i've been fitting the discs and pads that i got from CRN earlier tonight (8 grooved discs and DS2500 pads all round)

the rear DS2500 pads are about the same thickness as the front pads so i don't know if they have changed the thickness of them but they are definitely not 1/4 thickness (i would say about 8mm at a guess)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
i've been fitting the discs and pads that i got from CRN earlier tonight (8 grooved discs and DS2500 pads all round)

the rear DS2500 pads are about the same thickness as the front pads so i don't know if they have changed the thickness of them but they are definitely not 1/4 thickness (i would say about 8mm at a guess)
Cheers

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
i'll try and measure them when i get home so we have a definite answer rather than just a guess ;)

simonj

Feb 22, 2008
I have just fitted the same package altho went for OEM rear pads (Mintex) and that was £290 delieverd, all fitted within 3 hour and are really good, would recomend to anyone.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise