Ibiza iPod connector now available dealer Fit!!

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
It’s been a long time coming, but the Ibiza Dension Gateway 100 iPod connector is now available

The Gateway 100 allowa Ibiza drivers to see album and track information on their car audio displays, and to control the iPod via the radio or multi-function steering wheel. Sound is crystal clear, there is no interference from the radio, and the unit also charges the iPod while in use.

Product details
Part number: ZGB000035594C
RRP inc VAT: £134.99
RRP ex VAT: 121.73

This product is suitable for all iPods and iPhones, apart from the first iPod 3G (with dock connector)
One-year product warranty
The unit is not suitable for vehicles fitted with RNS navigation

This is the best product for connecting an iPod to a car available on the UK market. Competitiors such as Halfords don’t currently stock this type of product, and instead offer FM radio transmitters.

I hope this helps everyone who wants to add the USB and IPOD connection after they have brought there cars !

SecretWeapon

Jun 29, 2009
So is this the same iPod connector which you can order as an option - but now you can have it fitted after by a dealer?

Also, does it definitely work with an iPhone?

Apr 9, 2009
And for anyone whos interested i asked how much it would be to install this in a local dealer and they quoted me £90. This will obviously vary from one place to another. I really want to get this installed as it would be a great help not having to look at my iphone everytime i wanna change song and tap the screen in the right place... However i'm not sure if i can afford that much for the convenience yet.

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
They told me £90 (hardware alone) and £110 to fit !!!

Cannot afford £170 for the Dension either !

Regards,
Andy

Apr 9, 2009
£90 for the hardware? Sorry is this for the full ipod connection or the USB? They quoted me £139.99 for the full ipod/iphone connection kit. Should have put that in my post above lol If your quote was for the full connection kit then i need to get to your local dealer asap lol

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Sorry, i should have been a bit clearer:

The £90 was for the hardware itself (kit etc)
£110 for them to fit it.

£200 in total for kit and fitting.

But this was for the USB ONLY option. I do not have an ipod, so i asked for a quote for the USB ONLY option (which retails pre-delivery for an extra £93)

Sorry for the confusion !

Regards,
Andy

Apr 9, 2009
Dont worry i re read your post above after replying where you say you want to get the USB option added on, my bad lol

I was a bit gutted when i realized mine didnt have the USB option, to be fair i wasnt really sure about much until the car arrived on the drive, i was told it had bluetooth and alloys, an it arrives without them.... I regret not trying to get the price down due to this as i am now having to fork out over £250 for some alloys...

Depending on how much money i can put to one side after the alloy's i may consider the USB option instead for that price, thanks!

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Lol yeah i agree about the USB option, wanted it on mine!. Would have been a nice addition!. But the mp3 radio looks the bizz, just sick of continually writing and re-writing CDRW's as my musical tastes change (every week it seems !).

The bluetooth is only a good addition if you talk a lot on ur phone really, my car was a demo 1.6 sport and it has the bluetooth, which is BRILL ! - but i don't think i'd pay too much to get it if it wasn't on.

Alloys really set it off, even halfords do a good set for around the £300-£350 mark, so u should be able to get a good set for not too much, and they are worth it !

Let us know how u get on with the ipod thing !

Regards,
Andy

Apr 9, 2009
Yeah the bluetooth option to me wasnt a must have just would have been nice. But i've since found i can make a call via the speakers with my iphone simply plugged in the Aux, and both sides of the line are clear. My Ibiza's black and i've found some alloys that are all black apart from a red rim around the outside by a company called 'Dezent'. I've found them dead cheap somewhere for £250 instead of the £350 i found them for originally. Cant wait to get them on the car.

I'll let you know when/ if i get the usb or ipod addition!

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Nice one!, yeah it's a great little car, mine's also black magic, looks really neat with alloys so your's will look the bizz and quite unique with non-seat alloys!.

Yeah the BlueTooth works with the TomTom 530 also through the AUX, so all wouldn't be lost if it wasn't inbuilt into the radio anyway!

Regards,
Andy

Beaconjon

Jul 31, 2008
I put an ipod dock on our MK1 leon. The head unit in that car has a 6 disc multi changer port so the little box of tricks just plugged straight in the back.

Ok so I had to remove a couple of pieces of trim around the glove box but it wasnt hard at all.

I wonder if the MK5 Ibiza stereo is the same? ie a simple socket on the back waiting to be filled.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
From what i gather it pretty much is, the gateway unit plugs into the CD changer port and all you have to do is hiude the unit and route the wires neatly.

Beaconjon

Jul 31, 2008
Thats very interesting.

Has anyone done this yet? as I'm sure it wont take long for aftermarket guys to start knocking out the kit.

The one in the Leon I picked up from ebay for about £50, someone on here had even posted a step by step instalation sequence with pics.

Ps havent got the hand book to hand but is there a multichanger option with this head unit?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
You can already get the kit that Seat are using from the link above (at the same price seat are charging for it), and get your mate/local ice installer to fit it for you if they'll do it cheaper than the dealership.

I'd assume there is a multichanger option as the headunit obviously has a multichanger input for this kit to work.

Beaconjon

Jul 31, 2008
Just pinged connects2 to see if they do a kit for yet for the ipod. I'll let you know what comes back. Their kits are around £60-£70 generally.