My Cordoba Coupe Trackday Car Project

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
haha!! yeh mine needs to stay road legal too...dnt see the point in having a car that cant be used on the road :)

stu, ya might be pestered wit pms sometime soon

ta
JK

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Sod running about on christmas eve getting last minute things - time to muck about with cars:)

Today, we set about fitting a TSR tubeler exhuast manifold I aquired over 12 months ago along with a Jetex Sports cat along with some vibratechnics gearbox & engine mounts

Whilst I set about fitting some springs to another Cordy Coupe, Roly (Ben) undertook the task of mine.

DSCF0016-1.jpg

All the old exhuast came off fine but changing the rear engine & gearbox mount proved to be abit of a 'mare but that was sorted with a bit of skillful bodging.

Fun part was modding the bulkhead in where the collector of the mani touched, take a long peice of scaffold tube and bash the f##k outa it til cleared:D

DSCF0015-1.jpg

Had a bit of fun getting the existing exhuast to marry up with the cat and to stop it hitting the exhuast tunnel, Theres no pictures of this as time was pressing and both of us were getting a bit tired.

Its certainly transformed the car - the Uber hard mounts transmit the vibration to the rest of the car, the racing seat is more like a massage chair! Also can hear the transmission whine abit in 2nd & 3rd tho the engine doesnt move much and the manifold doesnt knock at all so mission accomplished.

Performance wise, its a bit flat low down, but pulls hard like never above 4k rpm to the limiter.

Big shout out to flapper for the assistance with the exhuast fittings, Badger5 for the VT mounts and Ben for working diligently for best part of 7 hrs straight:)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
stu did the clutch cable work 100% after you put it back on? reason I ask, i never used the white/clear tabs when bodging about my old engine bay and the cable didnt like not being held back with the tabs.

(like the sponsored by Red Bull tm pic!, ben looks a little from mork behind.....OH ER missus!)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
im glad it all went okay (bar the gearbox mount) :whistle:

centre box modding was unexpected but the bulkhead modding was the fun part :lol:

think it was gone 7 time we'd packed up and i'd attempted to mop the floor

look forward to seeing the cordy once it's got the tb's on :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.