My Cordoba Coupe Trackday Car Project

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Its Alive!!! - kind of.........

Took a trip down to see how the lads down at Race Power Motorsport to see hows things are coming along

Its still in bits but going back together:)

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

Aircon pump & pipes are gone, but new alternator & bracket had to be sourced as the sprung loaded tensoiner affair deemed unsuitable. Engine speed sensor changed to a Ford part, base map loaded up and car fired & ran even though the he map was suited to a crank trigger wheel with different amount of teeth. How and why it ran is a mystery!

DSCF0030.jpg

Big box of bits left over! - 'kin heavy! - 'Hello ebay'

DSCF0025.jpg

Hmmmmm - 'Hello Radtec...'

Lots of odd ends to tie up still and new front bumper - mapping early apart of next week.

Now I'm excited:funk:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Mounted right next to the pollen filter, dont think the loom was long enough to reach the glove box where I wanted to put it.

Wiring isnt my forte, but it looked well involved.

(beeza gti)

mk2 golf 20vt
Aug 22, 2004
porthcawl,south wales
you should askif they would supply a wiring diagram for it,tell them it would be a great resource for cupra.net :whistle: but they'ed probably just tell you to f**k off and book the cars in with them.

are you going to be there for the rr session when they do it?

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Wiring diagram can be downloaded off DTA's website and then refer to a haynes where nessecary.

Not around for the mapping as I'm at work, dont think I want to be either from what RobT was saying with the Pickle.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
looking good stu.
shares maturing soon,mod the vrs further or buy an ickle project valver.then again i still hanker after a proper mini

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Stu, crank sensor for your installer>>
VW: 021 907 319B
Facet: 9.0273

previously used on ABF engine on EXP48

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I hope it keeps me tinkering for a good few years, you know you've got it bad when you're thinking of changing something before what you've got hasn't turned a wheel :doh:

Who the dude to speak to up at Radtec? As you can see Ive got a bit of corrosion around the end tanks:(

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Hit a bit of a bump in the road.......

Car was delivered Monday for mapping, and all is not at all as expected.

Put simply its not performing as it should, down on power, big flatspots @ 3k rpm, unwilling to rev, less torque than standard etc - its down to an unlucky selection of camshafts on my part:( .

So, the Newman's are being ditched for RPM's own grinds by Kent cams and another mapping session, kerching:( .

Oh well.....need a hug:rolleyes: :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise