£5 Ipod connector Guide

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
im going to do some research because i wanted to build a laptop in to my car so i think il need a auxilary cable lol

Razor

Inked Up Nation
Oct 12, 2008
Outside Belfast
www.bebo.com
Just did it there !
Who the hell said its a 5 min job ?
HaHaaaaaaa

I pulled the actual tape deck out and out popped the middle connector to the back (brown)
I didnt seem to pull out that far so i though i was fooked connecting it back in..
Gave it a tug and it gave abit..

Anyone have bother with the fake button along the top. beside the button u press to heat the rear windscreen. Between that and the "card holder" which tbh is a complete waste of time..

Only thing that really helped was the adjustable steering wheel

NIGHTMARE

Well its done and dusted now

RANT OVER

:D

Razor

Inked Up Nation
Oct 12, 2008
Outside Belfast
www.bebo.com
Ok
Been having a couple problems since i done this
It keeps flicking to CD or RADIO while playing music from my phone..

Annoying as foook !!
Any one know how to fix ?
All the wires are connecting properly in the back ..

How do u disconnect the " red " electrical cable thats connected to the circle power button at the front of the cassete player ?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Sounds quality is not that good with these... I found that you cant put up the volume too loud else it cuts out, and yea as others have said, the tape likes to stop every now and then, i got it about 2 times every 2 minutes lol, un bearable!! but may work fine for others..

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Hmm, well - as Belkin give a lifetime warranty, I will give it another try and let you know whether it cuts out, and the cassette clicks etc. although I won't hold my breath :D..

The lifetime warranty allows it to be taken back, once it 'breaks' :p

Maybe there will be better sound quality because last time I tried it was poor ...

Trips

I had an ebay tape adaptor, did the job and wasn't the worst sound quality I've ever heard but putting the stereo louder than 20 turned the music into white noise and the tape hiss and clicking soon got old. Invested in an ebay aux adaptor instead, it honestly makes a whole world of difference.

Really, another £20 or so and you've got proper high quality sound as loud as you want it from whatever mp3 / cd / minidisc / record player you want to connect :D

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
I agree with trips on this one, the slightly more expensive adapter is 100% better!! :) and belkin adapters cost only 10pound less... no crackling, no tape resets, nothing other than a quality connection!!

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
I agree with trips on this one, the slightly more expensive adapter is 100% better!! :) and belkin adapters cost only 10pound less... no crackling, no tape resets, nothing other than a quality connection!!

But then you cant use the CD changer aswell, i went for the tape one as i still want the use of the CD changer.

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
fair enough, i don't have a cd changer thats the problem!! i thought you could buy an adaptor for a better cd changer so it allows mp3 also to be connected to it.. costs alot more money for a new cd changer though I guess!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members