£65.50 PD tuning box

CRAIG TDI

I have a tdi 130 sport Ibiza and I'm dying for a bit more power. I still swear mine is not as quick as it should be for some reason or another. Would I notice a pleasant enough difference with this dragan box and just out of curiosity. When the money is saved up, can you use a tuning box alongside a stage 1 remap

sssstew

Editing your spelling
the usual advise applies, give the tuning box a whirl if you want, just makes it overfuel but does give more power but its a course method. for a smoother map with more power then a remap is the only real way to go.

And yes you can run a tuning box set to low along with a remap, even more overfuelling though so not really recommended.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
And yes you can run a tuning box set to low along with a remap, even more overfuelling though so not really recommended.
Personally I wouldn't....

When I tried a mild resistor mod on mine alongside the chip, it just made lots of smoke and caused DMF resonance at low revs/high gears. Don't think it made any real difference to performance, so I took it off. Resistor-based mods also make the trip computer wildly optimistic on MPG :)

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I had a tuning box on my 110 until recently. It gave very good power increase, but I did get a slightly rough idle. I have taken it off now as I have just installed T4 van injector nozzles and the engine is very grunty, full remap next!

chrishumes

Feb 13, 2010
do people still use these. i got one thrown in when i bought loadswine's car. not sure how much its worth??

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
yes we do but hings have moved on quite a bit from the older analogue boxes and cheap resister boxes on ebay, i currently use a DTUK PD Digital box on my sportrider with excellent results.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Not PD but you can get tuning boxes for them. Tuning boxes are a little better nowadays than they were when this thread was started over 10 years ago but the old adage of "you get what you pay for" very much applies.