0-60 in mapped 150 Leon...

ABOO

Mar 22, 2007
DEWSBURY - W.YORKS
Am going to view both a facelift petrol Cupra, and a 150 diesel Cupra tomorrow. Have just read a review from a very-well known tuning company, claiming a 0-60 time of 6.9 seconds in a re-mapped PD150 Golf with no other mods:confused:

Has anyone on here any idea what figure their mapped Leon can get to 60?:D

Also what figures have people got through just a remap??

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Maybe if the pd was mapped to 225bhp er no I dont think that is possible without other upgrades. I have timed mine on the old stopwatch to 65 on the clock from a standing start at 7.5 seconds (190bhp remap with full stainless and green cotton filter with recent full turbo clean out).
ps 120k too!
Glynn

strugers1

i dont want to start another controversial thread but my remapped pd 130 leon does it in 5.9 and my friend and i timed 6 runs and took the average and they went between 6.2 and 5.8 the majority hitting 5.9.. and this was on the flattest road we could find and to make it fair we did run up the road in both directions but the out come was the same

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i dont want to start another controversial thread but my remapped pd 130 leon does it in 5.9 and my friend and i timed 6 runs and took the average and they went between 6.2 and 5.8 the majority hitting 5.9.. and this was on the flattest road we could find and to make it fair we did run up the road in both directions but the out come was the same

Hi strugers1. was just looking through some old threads and saw that you previously had a JabbaSport remap on your leon. I am thinking of getting a remap on my mk4 ibiza FR TDi '08 reg (130 -> 170 ;)) and want to know how good the remap was in terms of output and whether there was a lot of smoke comin out the back when you put your foot down?:confused:

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
NickyJam,

Its gonna be hard to see the figures that shruggers1 quotes.

Realistically i would imagine 7 seconds from a mapped pd130! My old mapped Golf pd130 did around 7.5 seconds, smoke wise theres gonna be a bit more, but then again if you full throttle any derv its gonna smoke! Revo, CustomCode, Jabba etc will get you from 130 to about 170bhp!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
cheers hon n gem. Who do you think I should do the remap with?

I would prefer 1 with a mobile service and i'v been quoted £425 by Jabba, which, tbh, is a bit hefty, but if they have the best outcome then might as well go ahead with them.

I had also found Celtic Tuning who told me they could get me upto 180-190 bhp...but their website has been down for ages so not sure bout them...and they do a mobile remap for £100 less.

Your advice will be apreciated.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
to be honest, i can really comment on some of the remaps as ive never have them done.

I used Upsolute: http://www.ccctech.co.uk/feedback.php

They do a mobile service and which will get you up to 165ish bhp (costing me £250 a few yrs ago) they were very good and the car felt completly new afterwards!

But if you just stick with revo, ccode, upsolute, celtic tuning, jabba, amd you cant realli go wrong!

where abouts do you live?! arent there any local distributors that you can get it done at?!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm in SW London. I probably can go to a local distributor but i'm gonna go with the best deal i can get whether it's mobile or not...i'm not really fussed.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham

If I can ask remapped to what figure?
Glynn

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Load of bull......

a mapped 130 will not hit 60 in under 6 secs

an ibiza may manage a mid 6 dash, 6.5ish

but the leon will probs do a 7 maybe slighter quicker, thats it.

by the way 60 on the clock is only 55 real life.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Totally agree sisson I did not want to start an arguement but 0 to 60 in 5.8 takes a lot of poke. Certainly more than a mapped leon pushing about 180 hp.
I remeber my bros impreza with 300hp cracked it in 5 dead. A leon would need around 250hp to do 6.2 let alone 5.8.
Glynn

strugers1

well a standard lcr does 0-60 in a tad over 6 and this will beat a standard lcr!! i aint going to lie about my figures!!remember its not bhp that gets a car moving its torque and i have loads of it!!bhp only gives top speed!!also i believe t spark in his 170bhp ibiza does 0-60 in 4.5!!
and my car is 182bhp with 320 ft lb torque

brad1

5.8 was the quickest, some poeple may not be able to drive and not know when to change gear etc

strugers1

yup i do indeed but i trying to post a vid on youtube when i work out how to put it on ill show you people the link for it

strugers1

well that is the vid of my car but you cant really see it!! it was taken on a phone but you will notice that at the end of the video it was just about to hit 80mph hope this helps

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.