0-60 in mapped 150 Leon...

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
My Leon has done 0-60 in 7 dead. Only managed it once, but it did it. Custom code phase 1 only at the time.
Most runs were 7.2-7.5. I very rarely drive it like that on the roads but curiosity got the better of me.

strugers1

well i put up a video its not clear but the proof is in the pudding

strugers1

well i think it will do it a tad faster at pod as the grip will be better so ill launch faster

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
well i think it will do it a tad faster at pod as the grip will be better so ill launch faster

I would get a proper run done mate, the times you are quoting are very optimistic to say the least. 7-7.5 Seconds realistically for your motor in the real world.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
TRAX is a good place to get a proper 0-60 time. :) they use a little tripod thing with a stick to get the exact moment you start to move, and a radar stops the clock when you hit a real 60mph. Best I've done is 6.84 seconds and that's with a 2nd gear launch. There is no way I will ever be able to get a real sub 6 seconds out of mine, even with the forthcoming ported head & race injector install.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
2nd gear launch .... you savage savage man! The thing is in all honesty that is probably the only way to get a good 0 to 60 time as you avoid the need to change from 1st into 2nd - there is no way i'll ever drive my car like that - i just have this nightmare vision of hearing a bang followed by the sound of my DMF doing death circuits inside the bellhousing :)

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
well a standard lcr does 0-60 in a tad over 6 and this will beat a standard lcr!! i aint going to lie about my figures!!remember its not bhp that gets a car moving its torque and i have loads of it!!bhp only gives top speed!!also i believe t spark in his 170bhp ibiza does 0-60 in 4.5!!
and my car is 182bhp with 320 ft lb torque

Apolgies if i am still laughing!
Are you suggesting a 170 hp ibiza is as quick as a 911 gt3 rs?
my car also is around the 320lb ft mark and no i cant get anywhere close to 6.5 seconds forget 5.8 and you reckon it will be a tad quicker at the pod.
If you get evo mag check out the knowledge at the rear. There is not 1 car with a power to weight ratio of about 140bhp per ton (your car) which will hit 60 in 5.8!
END OF SORRY

T. Spark

Apolgies if i am still laughing!
Are you suggesting a 170 hp ibiza is as quick as a 911 gt3 rs?
my car also is around the 320lb ft mark and no i cant get anywhere close to 6.5 seconds forget 5.8 and you reckon it will be a tad quicker at the pod.
If you get evo mag check out the knowledge at the rear. There is not 1 car with a power to weight ratio of about 140bhp per ton (your car) which will hit 60 in 5.8!
END OF SORRY

Can I just point out, I DO NOT SAY NOR BELIEVE EITHER MY CAR OR HIS CAR DO SUB 6 SECOND's 0-60 times!

I have only ever smoked a 911 GT3 off a set of lights before and that was in my head :cartman:

I have infact, done 0-60 in 6.5 seconds but would asy its very very hard, and I dont do it 8/10 i'd say 7 seconds is a nice figure for a remapped PD130 Ibiza and a remapped PD150 Leon (extra weight)

You do have to bare in mind that my car is running 180bhpish now and weights in at just a tad over a ton @ 1050KG's

But anyone who believe's a 180bhp/320lb/ft 1350KG car can do a 0-60 in 5.8 seconds with not one, but two gear changes is delude at best!

brad1

even though the ibiza is faster, it gets less traction off the line because it has less weight on the front wheels for traction, also when he does 0 - 60 he holds the hand brake on and gets biting point with boost on, instead of just dumping the clutch, that saves time aswell

T. Spark

even though the ibiza is faster, it gets less traction off the line because it has less weight on the front wheels for traction, also when he does 0 - 60 he holds the hand brake on and gets biting point with boost on, instead of just dumping the clutch, that saves time aswell

How else do you do a good 0-60 run :D

Also I dont think thats true, how much does the Leon have at the front wheels? My Ibiza has over 800KG's over the front wheels, just nothing on the rear....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK

Do you think that you get 'on boost' while not going anywhere slipping the clutch?

load based ECU's don't work like that

brad1

this thread is going to be going on forever, 0 to 60 time quickest was 5.8 and thats that
end of!!!
these threads do my head in [:@]:ban:

brad1

people dont like to be wrong on this forum, this is what i find frustrating

T. Spark

You're right (obviously you're including yourself in that statement) we do find it frustrating :)

I reckon i could get from 60 to 0 in under 6 seconds though :cartman:

:whistle: im never wrong :D

UncleFester what brakes have you got on your then?

I'd like to add the same guy that says he can do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds has quoted MY car doing it in 4.5 :confused:

I tend to believe I might be right with my cars 0-60 time and not a complete stranger I nor my car have ever met :p

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
:whistle: im never wrong :D

UncleFester what brakes have you got on your then?

I'd like to add the same guy that says he can do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds has quoted MY car doing it in 4.5 :confused:

I tend to believe I might be right with my cars 0-60 time and not a complete stranger I nor my car have ever met :p

4 pot calipers off a boxster, DS2500 and 312mm grooved discs - it stops very nicely :) Well it will do once i replace the pads with the new ones sat in front of me. I doubt whether mine could crack 7 seconds to 60 but as others have said ( and i agree with) it's not the forte of a diesel. I leave the traffic light grand prix to the petrol brigade :)

T. Spark

4 pot calipers off a boxster, DS2500 and 312mm grooved discs - it stops very nicely :) Well it will do once i replace the pads with the new ones sat in front of me. I doubt whether mine could crack 7 seconds to 60 but as others have said ( and i agree with) it's not the forte of a diesel. I leave the traffic light grand prix to the petrol brigade :)

Expensive upgrade? To go off topic somewhat but hey...

I currently have 312mm brakes, which are fine for my current power but I believe once I start going down the root of VT5 turbo's and alike im going to need more again!

Main problem is im wanting to keep the car's OEM 16's as I think they are the best go between for performance and weight.

Im guessing they wouldnt fit behind 16's then?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members