0-60 in mapped 150 Leon...

T. Spark

I think its right to say the sensible people on here know that strugers and co are in cuckoo land with their claim (dont mean to offend with that statement) so is it best to let this one go now?
Glynn

Think this thread might be ready for the scrappy, unless they want to throw up another video for another 5 pages of replies!

strugers1

funny enough i did one today but i spun 1-3 gear so it was slow maby another time lol

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Thats a long way form 5.8 and mine is running mint and the best I have managed is 7.2 (regularly 7.5) which I think was pure luck with the launch and weather. Going to get mine on the rollers but I expect to see near the 200 mark but in all honesty i know I have no chance whatsoever of getting below 7.0. I have in 20 years of driving had lots of pokey motors ( reno 5 turbo corolla t sport) and think I know how to launch a car but as said in the replies by others b4 a leon with around 190 hp just cannot pull the figures you are claiming.
Sorry
Glynn

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Firing up my drag simulator gives my remapped Ibiza 6.7s to 60, and 15.3 for the 1/4 with a terminal velocity of 90.4 (not to far off my best) to get under 6 seconds it suggests an Allard stage 3 power output would be needed and a nice grippy track. (Actualy it sugests an Allard Stage 3 would be spot on for ~5.8 0-60)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I'm at around Allard stage 3 and a half, and the simulator doesn't really work then. Tyres seem to dictate your times around that kind of power, with an allard stage 1 and an allard stage 3 probably having the same 0-40 simply due to tyre grip. :) This is evident in my best Santa Pod time of 15 flat, but with an ET of 96mph - My car pulls good once it actually gets some grip, but up to 40mph I would say there's not much between mine and a normal remapped pd130. :)

T. Spark

I'm at around Allard stage 3 and a half, and the simulator doesn't really work then. Tyres seem to dictate your times around that kind of power, with an allard stage 1 and an allard stage 3 probably having the same 0-40 simply due to tyre grip. :) This is evident in my best Santa Pod time of 15 flat, but with an ET of 96mph - My car pulls good once it actually gets some grip, but up to 40mph I would say there's not much between mine and a normal remapped pd130. :)

True, your .3 of a second behind me on the 1/4 time but you cross the line around 2/3mph faster.. another few seconds and you'd blast past me ;)