0-60 in mapped 150 Leon...

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
and who is 'them'!!

You are the partner in crime to the claim!
I happen to think my car goes pretty ok considering everything.
However there are lots of us that have had a remap on a130/150 and nobody else has piped up to say hang on strugers and co are correct because mine does it too!
But as stated earlier I cannot get close to 6.8 let alone 5.8 and possibly a bit quicker at the pod. You either need to get some :help: or tell us what mods you have really had done if any!
Glynn

oilburninnut

well i tried some timed runs last weekend,jabba mapped fabia vrs,with a spec stage 3+ clutch,9lbspec flywheel and a peloquin atb diff,to 65 on the speedo 6.7 secs,not 100% accurate but somewhere in the ballpark ish,oh toyo t1r's and on 17"s not 16's,will see what happens when i get down the pod later on in the year.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ibiza Tdi Weight 1177 kg
Fabia Weight 1315 kg
Leon Weight 1333 kg

Does anyone else have trouble believing that a Leon Tdi is only 18kg heavier than a Fabia and that an Ibiza Cupra Tdi is 138kg lighter than the Fabia and the Leon?

What the hell is missing from the Ibiza ( apart from sound proofing) and what the hell did they burden the Fabia with to make it almost as heavy as a Leon!

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Depends on the engine Pat. I know the vRS is heavier than a 100BHP Fabia for some unbeknown reason. Might be a combination of

From Wisebuyers:

Ibiza FR TDI 130 07 - Unladen weight 1180
Leon TDI Cupra 05 - Unladen weight 1308
Fabia vRS 04 - Unladen weight 1315

Not quite sure why there is a massive difference! Might be that the Ibiza is 3 door versus 5 door? Heavier interior?

You can feel the lump over the front axle when you accelerate out of corners in the furby as it sling shots you round :cartman: Liz hates me doing it and I love it :cartman:

T. Spark

Mine came in at 1050KG's give or take the off KG and I have since taken out all my I.C.E

Target weight of 1ton and 260+bhp I like the sound of that power to weight ratio!

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Different car like but...

I had a 106 Gti with 163 bhp and 137 lb/ft.

0-60 was timed at 6.4 and i did a 1/4 mile at santa pod in 14.523 @ 94.8 MPH.

and that weighed around 920 kg.

I find it totally rediculous that someone can claim and believe they are capable of 5.8 to 60 then do a 1/4 mile of 15.2, shouldnt the 106 get a quicker 0-60 then the torque of the ibiza pull the 106 in?

Your stats are laughable i'm afraid...

T. Spark

Right so if you want to belt down the track ... just remove all 4 doors before your run! I wonder if you could get carbon rear door inserts ...... ;)

We all know 3 doors are faster :)

After all, 5 doors are for family cars ;)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I got 5.44s at Brunters last year, but then maybe thats why I am picking up the car from the dealers today with a new clutch and flywheel in it at 12.6k miles. Notice how they put 0-6mph instead of 0-60mph. Car was full of camping gear and I over held 3rd gear hence over 14s for the standing 1/4.
:doh:
8113075625.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think unless you got a diff and some serious mods your going to be hard pressed especially on a diesel and the way the gearing is to get a sub 6.5-7s time.

To get 6.5 in a tuned derv Leon your going to need a Diff, engine mounts, strong clutch and a talented driver to properly launch the car and get as much of the power down as possible.

Since Slick has got himself engine mounts, the way the car can be launched is incredible but even then no way sub 6.5.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I think its right to say the sensible people on here know that strugers and co are in cuckoo land with their claim (dont mean to offend with that statement) so is it best to let this one go now?
Glynn

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.