1.4 16v Induction

ibiza_adam

Jun 25, 2009
Hi there,

Over the next couple of months i'm going to be looking at changing the air filer on my car, 1.4 85bhp 07! Now with the airbox being on the rear of the engine, there is obviously no hosing to mount an induction kit lower down the engine bay (closer to the front), so i'm trying to find out what my options are for induction kit / performance filter!?!?!?! The ones that I have found on the net look like they would probably suffer from heat soak quite badly and kind of defeats the object! :shrug:

Not after massive gains etc as only a 1.4, but a tiny bit more response would be great!!!:cartman:

Thanks in advance folks...:funk:

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Hi there,

Over the next couple of months i'm going to be looking at changing the air filer on my car, 1.4 85bhp 07! Now with the airbox being on the rear of the engine, there is obviously no hosing to mount an induction kit lower down the engine bay (closer to the front), so i'm trying to find out what my options are for induction kit / performance filter!?!?!?! The ones that I have found on the net look like they would probably suffer from heat soak quite badly and kind of defeats the object! :shrug:

Not after massive gains etc as only a 1.4, but a tiny bit more response would be great!!!:cartman:

Thanks in advance folks...:funk:

I also have a 1.4 (85) Ibiza and decided to go for a replacement pannel filter from K&N instead of going for the induction kit as I was a bit iffy about heat soak, just like you said. It was also much cheaper.

If you require the product number for the pannel filter from K&N let me know as the 85ps model had a different shaped filter to the other 1.4 range.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members